My RX500 indicated low ink for all colors, so I reloaded all new cartriges, "charged" them per instructions in user manual, switched back from "Setup" to "Copy" and the LCD showed "Plain Text 100%, Letter" as per usual. Went to my word processor, and tried to print a document, the RX500 went through the proper steps, also indicated all ink colors were full, then printed out a blank page. No BLACK,or anything else, just some Magenta. So I went back to "Replace Cartriges", selected all colors, took them out then put them back in. Again they "Charged". Still they would not print any colors, justa faint
Did a "Head Cleaning" about 3 times, followed by as many"Nozzel Check"s (all use up ink)...still a blank page.
Also, no Error Messages.
I used some less expensive generic ink cartridges on my RX500 and had a similar experience with the black. If you're already using the Epson brand, done the head cleaning, realignment and nozzel checks, I'm not much help. Try Epson's support at their web site.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
disregaurd any prior solutions in cleaning any contacts. that model doesnt have an electrical contact to clean. there are little magnets inside each color and black cartrige that work off a float mechanisim inside each one. when the levels get low the magnet indicates to the printer it is empty. unfortunately for you this stylis model as with all brother model printers wont work even if the color your setting up in the properties or settings feature are set to black and the black is full. its the companies way of forcing you into buying new ink. be aware though that my brother catriges cost 78.00 for the 3 color and one black set. i found these cartriges online through ebay but with one more additional black cartrige for a total of 5 not for ,for a total cost of 13.11 with free shipping. sounds too good to be true but for 13.00 it was worth a try. i have now purchased several 5 packs from them and couldnt be happiere.
first go to your start menu. Then click on Printer and Faxes. When there right click on your printer and select Properties. When this window opens go to the General tab; then go to the Color tab. There you will see a box that you can check for printing in Gray Scale Only. Check this. After you have checked it, you can then check Black only.
If you wish for this to remain that way until you replace the other colors, be sure to click on APPLY or it will only print the first thing that way. After you have replaced the ink cartridges, use the same tabs to cancel the gray scale selection!
1. Make sure your unit is powered and not printing.
2. Press the SETUP button and then use the select arrows until you see REPLACE INK, then press the COLOR COPY button. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Before removing the new cartridge from it's package, shake the cartridge 4-5 times. Do not shake the cartridge once it has been removed from the cartridge holder.
6. Lower the new cartridge into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place. Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other ink cartridges that require replacement.
8. Once complete, please lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus RX500 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus RX500 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady. At this point press COPY to move back to COPY mode.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus RX500 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus RX500 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Yes I had a similar problem and in fact returned my printer for a replacement. You need clearance as the CD tray emerges some 2.5 to 3 inches behind the printer. If the tray hits an obstacle it is unable to correctly line up for printing and the trat is rejected