Question about RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

Rca 52'' projection tv model p52937

Here is the prob my tv top and bottom go like concave top and bottom the center looks ok the sides the colors are side by side like 3d. I looked and found simular things in other tvs and saw that all pointed to convergence board. I looked in the set from the back and seen a board with a power wire to it red/black and other wires that come out and go to the 3 bulbs red/green/blue would that be the board there is no fuse on that board there is a fuse on the bottom board but it is ok. I can go into menu and adjust the red and blue but cant see the green to adjust that because of the screen looks its way off the screen i can see top . Any ideas of what would need to be changed/soldered I can solder with no problem. Thanks In advance Jim

Posted by on

  • 13 more comments 
  • James Pope Dec 18, 2008

    By menu You meen in tv menu if so there was never anything like that since i bought the tv. There is a menu/screen/adjust projection tv. I did this and cant see the green because it is concave on top and bottom and cant see the sides the red/blue cross is there and I can do that. When viewing tv is like out of focus on the left and right side and you see red/blue/green on the outline of people. Any picture in 16:9 is smily face on top frown on bottom. Thanks again

  • James Pope Dec 18, 2008

    MODEL# P52937


    APRIL 2002

    Thanks Again

  • James Pope Dec 18, 2008

    Ok 1 more ? On which board is this on the left or right. Thanks so MUCH.

  • James Pope Dec 18, 2008
  • James Pope Dec 18, 2008

    Any idea what board. I took the 2 bottom boards out and cant find it anywhere.

  • James Pope Dec 19, 2008

    There is nothing what so ever that has this many pins anywhere on any board. No STK on anything. Any other thoughts? There is a 3 leged chip on the smaller board where the power comes from the bottom board.

  • James Pope Dec 19, 2008

    this is bottom left

    this is bottom right

    This is top right

    all heat sinks have this type on them

  • James Pope Dec 19, 2008

    So what do you suggest I change? ThanksAgian

  • James Pope Dec 22, 2008

    Well they dont have it. It is disscontiued.

  • James Pope Dec 23, 2008

    Ok on this board I think it is power convergence I found this so I ordered the parts and Ill let you know what happens but if you can still see about the other boards. Thanks Again

    >The way I do it is to replace all active (transistors and ICs)
    >components and high failure components in the primary.
    >Replace the opto that connects the primary and secondary.
    >Replace the active component(s) in the secondary closest to the opto,
    >input and output.
    >Check all pumpup capacitors.
    >Check diodes.
    >You need to determine if any of the active components are damaged. If
    >any active components are damaged, replace ALL of them as a set.
    >Second, determine if there are bad passives-capacitors, resistors, and
    >If the main power switch transistor is shorted the resistors around it
    >are suspect. On a power source transistor, such as Q19701 or a
    >horizontal output transistor which has an emitter or source resistor,
    >replace that resistor.
    >Specifically, on this power supply:
    >Q19701 246967
    >Q19702 147665
    >Q19703 232218
    >Q19704 229220
    >U19701 223653
    >U19700 231525
    >Q19705 215496
    >Q19710 216434 (if installed)
    >R19703 (if damaged)
    >R19706 250661
    >In the case of this particular power supply that is working, but
    >producing low voltage the feedback path may be the only damage. In this
    >specific case:
    >CR19715 feeding the base of Q19711, and CR19706.

  • James Pope Dec 23, 2008

    Forgot to add when I inspected it I saw where it looked like buring/smoke scare on board by the R19707 and CR19721.

  • James Pope Dec 23, 2008

    Would you happed to have a part number for r19154 its on the convergence board and its burnt? Thanks

  • kaseydog78 Dec 26, 2008

    the top, bottom and sides go concave and I don't have a manual

  • James Pope Dec 28, 2008

    Well I got the colors all fixed picture color is perfect now the picture is bowed top and bottom what could that be? I love this tv and it only cost me $1.00 to fix the color problem. Any suggestions? Thanks

  • James Pope Dec 29, 2008

    Would you happen to have the part numbers for these I only have the ones for 2 Diodes CR19710 (239130) and CR19713 (239130 ) and CR 14800 (NTE577). Thanks Again for all your help.



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Find remote number

Posted on Feb 20, 2011

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • RCA Master
  • 5,138 Answers

Go to menu ,now to setup when in set up do you see convergence? If convergence is missing in menu it is a open fuse,only it does not look like fuse ,They look more like small square capaitors brown, they will be right next to flyback transfomer FL231 (3) of them in a roll it will be the middle one,you can take needle nose plyers and pull top up on fuses.

Posted on Dec 18, 2008

  • 8 more comments 
  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 18, 2008

    I think maybe you are talking about a different make/model RCA then the one i am thinking it is. What is your year of tv ?Chassis Number?

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 18, 2008

    O.k .now we are on same page ,will look in my trouble shooting guide and let you know what i fined out asap!Ok im back Replace STK730-130/150 when this part goes bad you cannot adjust anything.When replaced picture should return to Normal.

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 18, 2008

    It should be on board with alumi- heat sink black ic chip will have STK number on it.You can order part on line at www, or call electronix 1-800-223-3205 (STK730-130) cost 3.79

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 19, 2008

    Ok there was 2 types of this chassis ,if it is the one with the stk it will be on board above boards on bottom there is 2/3 boards on bottom and 2 mounted right above these boards and the one on right is where stk should be. How many boards do you have? If you go to wed site type in part number it should show you what part looks like.

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 19, 2008

    Ater seeing pictures of chassis this is not RCA PTK) It is the ITC222 chassis well 1 of them or 321 Bottom right board is the convergence board and board ontop right has 9volt regulator 3 pin transistor,top right board also has 350volt supply that comes from ac.9v reg can cause your problem and the convergence board itself.

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 19, 2008

    Try the 3 legg transistor should be 9v regulator first.CAll UED ask them if they have convergence board and how much 1-800-648-6657 give them your chassis number ITC222

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 22, 2008

    Ok Try this www.Gobal 1-800-668-8776 I am begining to think the set you have is 1 of the 2 bad chassis design RCA did and discontiued only a few months after production will see if i can find out more on this chassis.

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 29, 2008

    These are parts to replace when set is bowing on sides

    Go back to your Digital convergence power supply board replace 2 Diodes CR19710 and CR19713

    This is what to replace when it looks like convergence,but instead has pincusion problem---CR 14800 part# NTE577 and capacitor C14800next to it is 0.056pfd 600volt Close to Flyback Transfomer.

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 29, 2008

    I meant to say On last comment that this is also for when Top & bottom go concave!! cr14800 and c14800

  • ladywinn
    ladywinn Dec 29, 2008

    C14800 ----Part # 230982



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Concave picture

the convergence power supply module has failed
if you go into the menu you will not find convergence adjustments in the menu
the power supply module can be repaired
or you may want to get local help
if you want to try to repair you can get parts at mcm or encompas or

Oct 26, 2009 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Hi RCA 52 inch part numbers P52937SG

Tries this website for convergence ICS.Must know how to solder?Tv Repair,

Oct 15, 2009 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

The problem i'm haveing is with convergence,withtop and bottom concaved ,followed with 3d.have same tv down stairs, replaced top right, and r,g,b panel,same problem. went to main board to ic-toa7499, witha...

Projection TV sets are known to have two common problems. The first problem that is common to these sets is convergence failure. When this happens the TV will usually look 3D, Wavy/Distorted, etc. It may also shutdown and blink an error code.

The second common problem with Projection TV sets is dull video, halos around objects, white looking video, or red overpowers the screen. This is commonly caused by the fluid in the lens being clouded overs.

You can find more details and solutions here on Fixya at the following link below. Or click HERE


Sep 27, 2009 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

3 Answers

Rca d52w23 has distorted picture. it is shaped

Go to menu then setup look for convergence if not on menu you have a blowed fuse FL231 will be next to FBT flyback transfomer on right side there is 3 in a roll small brown looking caps but they are fuses it will be the one in the middle.You can take a pair of plyers to pull off top they are all removeable and just snap back on.

Sep 15, 2009 | RCA D52W23 52" HDTV CRT TV

1 Answer

RCA 52" projection tv convergence problems,can i fix it?i try auto convergence? the model is P52920BL and is a 1998 i try the green centering blue & red convergence in the setup of the tv,and it goes back...

My RCA 52 rear projection TV has the letters getting blurry on top and bottom, Picture is OK but visually losing my eyesight staring at blurry numbers and letters.

Is this a bulb or simple fix ??

Mar 28, 2009 | RCA P52920BL 52" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Screen looks like its in 3d


Feb 20, 2009 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Rca picture concave 52 in rear projection

sounds like your color guns are out of alignment and need adjusting. its a cheap fix with a tv tech but i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself. plus, a visit from a tech can tell you if there is anything else wrong/about to b wrong

Oct 21, 2008 | RCA P52939 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer


this is the conversion IC chip that controls the centering of the colors , vertical and horizontal
it needs to be replaced , $300 to have a tech come out , $30 for the part

Sep 04, 2008 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

RCA 52" projection Model no. D52W19 produced 9/04

make sure you do not have the automatic screen mode set to wide screen on tv menu .Also if you have cable box set to wide mode only then the tv will only display wide mode.

Dec 05, 2007 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Screen removal

pop off the front cove were the speakers are grab each side just under the screen were it is seperated. and it will pull right off. then their are two screws holding it in place on the bottom corners. after screws are removed the screen slides up to unhook.

Nov 06, 2007 | RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television Logo

2,117 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75846 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1230 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides