An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: The door glass has a burnt discolored area
We Use Debruce Polish on all our cooktops. Debruce also works on
stainless steel and polished granite, marble, porcelain, formica and
glass. DeBruce is non-toxic odor-less and eco-friendly. You can get
DeBruce on line at debrucepolish.com.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
power outages cause power surges and will damage electronic control boards. I suggest replacing the Control board and checking the interlocking door switches. Whilst inside the microwave check the magnetron for discoloration around the magnetron horn or gun as it were. If it don't look clean and new, otherwise burnt it's bad !
NO, do not use the microwave with a broken door glass, this glass is specially protected to stop any dangerous microwave leakage, it is also something you cannot replace yourself, take it to a reputable service centre so that once the glass has been repaire the oven can be tested for safety purposes.
It is not advisable. The door is a critical safety part of the microwave oven. The glass being gone will allow heat in areas of the door not designed for heat. The glass also is a support for the safety mesh that contains the microwave energy to the cavity.
check the size of the bulb required before you buy a replacement bulb. Most use a 40 watt appliance bulb. I
Confirm that the oven is not on. Allow it to cool to room temperature if it has recently been used.
Open the oven door and use a flashlight to light the area where the bulb is located. Do not put weight on the door itself, but go in at an angle or sideways.
Find the shield or cover over the bulb, gently pull or twist it off. Some glass covers are surrounded by a wire clip or a ring that is screwed in to the back then Gently remove either the wire clip or ring. Since the cover is most likely glass, be careful then Unscrew the entire glass cover similar to a jar lid in older versions of ovens. repeat process if there is more than one bulb..hope this helps pls do let me know
I suspect the water content of the frankfurther was your issue. Operating a mwave at full capacity without adequate load to absorb energy would cause something like this to occur. Ultimately the energy had to go somewhere, it chose the weakest point to dissapate. You mention to glasses of water heated up fine? Then no worrie if theres no additional funny noises.
Suggest you lower the power level to around 25% to cook a furter. :o) Or put a mug of water in with it.
First: do not use this unit with the glass improperly installed. Often, these installations use double sided foam tape, available at any hardware store. Carefully remove the screws in the door being careful to catch the glass. Clean the area where the tape will go with glass cleaner or alcohol. Allow to dry and buff to remove oil and grease. Install the tape and glass. Reassemble.