Question about Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

Main cable connector broke off back of TV

Panasonic TV model CT27L8G cable input broke off the TV. Can I just snap in a new connector into the board?

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Generalidiot Dec 17, 2008

    Thank you kind sir!  I've opened the back up and saw that the cable connector was part of a larger part, ENG36621G, that is called a "tuner".  It looks like it just plugs into the circuit board - do you think I could order this part (found it on Panasonic parts) and replace the broken one or do you think it requires soldering?

  • Anonymous Jan 06, 2009

    Panasonic PT-50LC13 MY Main cable connector also broke..Is ths somethng I can fix or need to go to the shop

  • mikespride42 Jan 14, 2009

    i have the same problem...i took the back off and mine's soldered to the board. do i need a new board...and if so ..whats the part #


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 188 Answers

Maybe so. Sometimes the connector is fed by an RCA connector which just plugs in inside the TV and sometimes it needs a little solder work. Sometimes you have to solder on the circuit board and if it's a multi-layer board you want an expert to do it but from the manual it doesn't look like that is the case with your TV.
I'm pretty sure Radio Shack stocks such connectors with maybe a little hardware to get the fit right.

Posted on Dec 17, 2008

  • rich medrano
    rich medrano Dec 17, 2008

    If it just plugs into the tuner and the cable connector is self contained you can buy the part or maybe find an adapter with the correct plug and jack on either end. Then no soldering is required and you don't have to worry about fussing with a circuit board.


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


the slugs have nothing to do with tilt; unless a tilt setting in main menu bonded yoke has no adjustments for this issue.

Mar 07, 2012 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

Hello, my 25" Magnovox (#mt2501c)

Tv fell off about 3 feets or more?Yes,turn on the tv see if u getting any power to the unit?Might have broken main PCB board too.If unit still have power,check see if tv get statics screen have colors shaded in red or mutiples colors,mean the tv CRT(tv tube) yoke is dead and damages scrambles radiation.Or the tv getting power but have high pitch sqeeling noises or rattles noises,tv have the CRT-(tv tube) is crack by the neck or broken totally.CRT have damages problems or dead tv is worthless,beacause of CRT(tv tube) is dead,not fixable even that antena connector input is replaced.

Feb 17, 2011 | Philips Magnavox MT2501C 25" TV

2 Answers

RF connector broke from board....looks like part number is 1519592K, but nothing appears when I enter that part do I get new board?


You can't buy the RF connector parts from a TV component supplier as they are already soldered to the main board. A friend who can solder PCBs or a TV repair shop should be able to re-solder the original for you. If it's damaged, a TV repair shop might also be able to find another that will fit as they are fairly standard components. This will be far cheaper than buying a new main board and it's probably going to be difficult to get one.

I had a look for a new main board, but the TV is fairly old and I couldn't find one or a part number. It's easier to find components by part number rather than by TV model, so your best bet is to find the part number on the main board and try searching for that on Google or similar.

If you want to post back with the model number, I don't mind having a search for a replacement main board, but my advice would be to get the existing repaired, if possible.

Hope this helps.


Nov 23, 2010 | RCA MM36110 36" TV

1 Answer

How to connect nintendo 64 to panasonic viera tv

it depends what connector cable you have if you have an AV cable hook it into the red white and yellow colored inputs if you have an RS cable for the 64 screw this into the back of the tv where the antenna input is.

Oct 27, 2009 | Panasonic CT-27E13 27" TV

1 Answer

Broke the Cable input out of the back when moving the TV. Do I need to replace the board and if so do you know the model # and where I can find the part?

that depends on where the break is. may get away with a strip connector if it is just inside the casing of the tv. if broken on the pcb then you will probably require new board.

Oct 22, 2009 | JVC AV-32F475 32" TV

1 Answer

Zeneth A25A11D 25' tv has broken cable connector

Sorry, I miss-read this post. I orginally thought it said your cable broke, meaning the coax that went to the back of the TV.
The coax input is more than likely a part of the main board. I am not a tv expert but as with laptops and input modules that break you have to soder the peice on or replace the whole board.
Easier to switch to a/v inputs as mentioned in Solution #1.
I could not find a spec sheet for your model but did find this for you to give you an idea on what is entailed in replacing a broken RF connection. This may or may not apply to your model, but here it is anyway.
I would suggest letting someone who is qualified in TV repair fix it.
Here are the service manuals for your Zenith. Download both and then extract to your desktop for easy access. I downloaded and extracted myself to make sure it was a working copy so you are good to go.
Part 1:
Part 2:

Good Luck!

Oct 16, 2009 | Zenith A25A11D 25" TV

2 Answers

The cable plug broke off the back of TV. I took off the back of TV and I'm not sure what to do.

If this model has a/v inputs you could use them and if you're on cable (direct cable not cable box) you could use a vcr to change channels - or you could remove the tuner and resolder the "cable plug" (RF connector) if it didn't crack the tuner circuit board when it came off.

Oct 16, 2009 | Zenith A25A11D 25" TV

1 Answer

Cable input jack bronken off

Actually I just repaired one of these "similar" units. If you remove the backing of the tv, unpluged of course, Theres a panel facing you if you are looking at the right side of the TV. This panel pops off easily with a light prying motion all around. You'll see where the connector broke off and can solder it back together with a small pin type tip. Solder the center pin to the center probe first,hold in place with needle nose pliers. 2 people are better than one at this. Then lay down agood bead of solder around the perimeter of the connector. Clean up any solder that may have dropped and put it back together, you'll be ready to go in about one hours time. Let me know how it goes!!!

Jul 25, 2009 | Orion STV2763 27" TV

1 Answer

Cable connecter broke off?

It would probably cost more to have someone fix it than just replace it.If you or someone you know can use a solder iron you might get lucky and resolder conections, but most times its too hard to get at the circuit board to affect repairs and the connector usually gets mangled so bad it won't fit right anymore. Or you can try to avoid using this connection and use a different input. But you would need either a cable/satellite box or vcr (with the same kind of connection that broke on TV) and change the input used on the tv to the new connection such as 3 wire AV connection (with the yellow,red and white wires)

Apr 26, 2009 | Sharp 25H-M60 TV

1 Answer

1996 32 inch Panasonic TV

What you are calling the "antenna module" is actually the tuner. The connector that pulled out is called the F connector. The F connector can be soldered back onto the tuner but this is a very delicate procedure and is especially difficult if any of the coils in the area of the F connector have been bent, altered or moved. The tuner itself is not too expensive and is much easier to replace than trying to replace the F connector, especially if you have never done one before. If you use this set with a cable box then simply connect AV cables from the cable box to the TV set the TV to VIDEO.

Jun 27, 2007 | Panasonic CT-32G23 32" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Standard (CRT) Televisions Logo

Related Topics:

1,738 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68223 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1191 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides