Question about HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
I hook up nicer microphones to my computer to record but the built in ones still pick up the noise i believe, it records fin for about 2 seconds then everything sounds like ****, like if you blow into a microphone. How do i go about turning these built in mics off without turning off the mic input jack?
1) go to Start > Control Panel > Sound
2) click the recording tab
3) Right click the device that is not the new one you bought.
4) choose Disable
1) Right click My Computer or go to Start > Control Panel > System
2) On the system window click the hardware tab
3) Click the Device Manager button
4) Scroll down to the Sound, video and game controllers.
5) Look for any device that is not your new mic as well as your sound card.
6) Right click and disable anything that are not the mentioned above.
7) Exit and test.
If you have XP and the XP Method above doesnt work then please make a comment stating so so I can give you another solution.
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Nov 26, 2013 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Sep 18, 2011 | HP Compaq nx6310 Notebook
Nov 26, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V6000T Notebook
Sep 22, 2009 | Toshiba (P000257700) Microphone
Aug 02, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Feb 13, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jan 30, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 26, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Sep 06, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
832 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!