a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First a nitpick: your memory card is Memory Stick Pro Duo, it's not an SD card. Secure Digital is one specific type of memory card, distinct from xD, CF, Memory Sticks, and other memory card types.
Okay, not that I've got that off my chest, yes you can import pics to your laptop. Just connect a card reader to the USB port and then put your Memory Stick into the reader. Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files.
Card readers should be available at just about any department, electronics, or office-supply store. One important point to remember is to make sure you get a card reader that can read Memory Stick Pro Duos. If you get, for example, an SD card reader, it won't do you any good.
Below is how to transfer your photos incomputer to a memory stick in Windows XP operating system
1.Insert the memory stick into a compatiblememory stick reader. Plug the memory stick reader, with the memory stickinserted into it, into the computer's USB port.
2.After a moment, a screen thatsays "Removable Disk" will pop up and prompt you to take an action.Click on "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer." Thiswill open the folders on the memory stick. Select and open the folder whereyour photos are stored.
3.With the memory stick folderand the photo folder open simultaneously, use the mouse to click-and-drag thephotos to the memory stick folder.
4.Close all folders and removethe memory stick reader from the USB port.
5.To ensure that your photos havebeen transferred, plug the memory stick back into the USB port. When the"Removable Disk" screen pops up, select "Open folder to viewfiles using Windows Explorer." Once you see the photos on the memory stickfolder, you can close the folder and remove the memory stick reader from theUSB port.
Most people find that if they use the internal memory of their camera, they have problems with the memory card. The solution is to erase the internal memory and vow never to use it again. Here's what you need to do now.
1. Download any pics from the internal memory you want to save. Then, with no card in the camera, go into the menu and find "format"(may be called "initialize") and follow the on-screen instructions to erase the internal memory.
2.Download any pics from the memory card. Use a separate card reader if necessary. (You'll find that using a card reader is the best way to download).
3. With the card in the camera and your pics safely downloaded to your computer, do the "format"/"initialize" thing again, this time to the card.
Now, everything should work perfectly.
1. First insert your SD card in the card reader.
2. Plug the card reader to your PC. 3. Go to My Computer, you will see the SD card as removable drive. 4. Double click in your card, and open. 5. Again go to my computer, open the a separate window. Open the folder containing your music files. 6. Select the required music file, right click, in the pop up window select copy. 6. Go to your SD card window, right click, in the pop up window select Paste. 7. You will see a window showing coping in progress. 8. After completed the process close the window. 9. Look at the right side of the task bar, there will be an icon, Safety remove hardware, left click, in the pop up menu select your SD card drive, one notification will come, "its safe to remove the hardware" 10. Remove the Card reader from your PC.
Plug the memory stick into the computer and format it. Unplug it then plug it back into the computer, you should have a pop up that asks you what you want to do (open folder view, play and a few other options), you weant to choose Open a Folder View.
You should now have a window open that you can put files into, if not then go to "My Computer" and select it from the available drives.
Now open up the folder with your pictures in it and select all the pictures you want to transfer then press "copy". Go to the memory sticks folder and right click and select "paste" from the right click menu or hit "CTRL+V".
You will get a progress pop up that shows how long the file transfer will take, after it is done...so are you.
If the memory stick is not recognized when plugged in, you way need to load the software that came with the memory stick for its drivers.
for this ,use a MEMORY CARD READER .
Insert the memory stick into the Memory Card Reader and connect the reader via the USB jack/port to the computer.Go to "my computer",select the M CARD READER which may be indicated as "Removable disk "F".
Meanwhile select the pictures to b uploaded and right click the mouse to select ,"Move to"--removable disk "F"
when all pictures are uploaded ,remove memory stick and insert in camera to see the pics .
1) insert it into a card reader, then connect the card reader to usb drive.
2) Then go to my computer there u will see a removable drives click on it then select the files u want to copy then right click on it select copy.
3) Double click My Computer and double click C:\ drive, (make a new folder if u want to) then copy all the pics on it by right click on it and select paste.
this happens due to some restirction on the memory card i faced the same problem all you have to do is just copy the pic on to the laptop or on any other laptop and then you can format this card however before u format copy the pic as it will delete the data from the card .
i did the same as did not work on my hp laptop and worked on lenovo laptop for my phone memory it is also called as registry problem of the memory card .
thanks try it out and please let me know
r u unable to copy d pics........???
tell me den i will give u soln
di tpe of error comes when memory card gets full....n dere is no space for more pics....
if u r able to copy d pics den copy it and format ur card
u can format it wid camera or by using external card reader...
just insert you compact flash card into your card reader and let windows to show under my computer.when you see your flash card under my computer ,enter into your cd and select the pictures files you want to copy to the flash card.Now right click you will see a pop up box ,select sendto > ,now under sendto option you will see your flash drive,just select it and your files will get copy to flash drive.
if you are unable to perform these steps just select the photo files and right click ,then select copy.Now goto your flash drive ,double click on it to open it.Now right click and select paste........that's it. your files will get copy to flash drive.