How do i do a factory restore
If you have the original disks, just put in the disk #1 and it will walk you through it... If not.....
You will need to have an operating system handy such as windows xp or win 7.
1. Format the drive to wipe it of all information
2. Load the operating system
3. load any drivers or specialty drivers for the sound, video, usb, lan, camera, and other periferials
4. download and update the operating systems of all of the security updates and update the antivirus definitions
5. download and install all of the add on utilities that are needed in todays world such as Firefox and Chrome browsers, Adobe flash, Winzip, Winrar, Quicktime, Realplayer, Divx video player and ac3 sound filter and many other utilities
6. Have fun.
So, how do you format a drive?
1. Reboot the system and hold down the F8 key as it boots.
2. A menu will appear. Choose 'start safemode with command prompt"
3. when the C: command prompt appears type FORMAT C:
4. The system will warn that all will be lost, type Y for yes and follow the prompts.
6. after it is done (about 30 min) put the Operating system CD in the drive.
7. Reboot the system with the disk in the drive.
8 follow the prompts and finish installing the utilities, updates, and utilities listed above
9. have fun
PLEASE VOTE 4 THUMBS UP FOR ME!!!!!
Apr 25, 2010 |
Gateway GM5664 Desktop PC