My phone is locked. i can not do anything. I think its locked in
I think its locked in NAM 2. I am out of state and not within METRO or CRICKET reseption areas. The phone will turn on but thats it. Ive tried everything including all number codes I could think of, turning off and on, and removing battery. If i could just get to my CONTACTS and GAMES (I was able to tex before it locked up) that would
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm not sure if this will help but I would first try the last four digits of the phone number you saw in the phone. I would then try these , 1234, 0000 and the last four of your phone number.
Question: While activating with Metro did they instruct you to edit the NAm setting in the phone? If so,.. did you enter your phone number?
Question: You mentioned that there is a lock code. Do you see a lock code soon as you power the phone on? If so this is a user lock. Or,.... do you see a lock code when attempting to edit the phone's NAM settings? This would be a subsidy lock.
have you done restore factory settings firstThe Nokia 2160 series hand portable CMT uses an EEPROM NAM that can be programmed directly from the standard user keypad. In order to access the NAM, you must enter the special access code currently programmed into the phone. Once the programming mode is accessed, NAM parameters are loaded by entering them into the display and "storing" them to selected memory locations. Be sure to obtain all parameters before proceeding.
EASY NAM PROGRAMMING
1. Turn on phone.
2. Enter the Easy NAM access code. Access code is: *#639#
3. Verify the display now reads "Cellular Number" and enter the 10 digit MIN for the phone.
4. Press the softkey under the word "OK" in the display. If less than 10 digits are entered an error message will prompt you to reenter the number.
5. Verify the display reads "Enter code" and enter the five digit SID followed by four zeros. (Example 001750000 is a SID of 175 followed by four zeros). An error message will display if an incorrect entry is made. Do not add more than four zeros to the code.
Note: Change the Lock code by adding a pound sign and new lock code after the code. (Example: 001750000#7788. Lock code = 7788).
Change the Language code by adding a pound sign (#) and new language code after the code. (Example: 001750000#2. Language = 2)