Question about Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My Lexmark printer X-4270 will not print. When I try restarting the spooler I get this 1068 error stating "could not start the print spooler service on Local Computer. The dependency service or group failed to start".
Has anyone encountered similar problems.
Okay, let me be sure I understand the situation:
Your computer now has no Lexmark software installed. It therefore should not have the Lexmark as one of your printers. If it still does, delete that printer - make sure that the printer is disconnected from the computer, and click Start > Printers and Faxes, or if you don't have that shortcut, Start > Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Printers and Faxes. Select the Lexmark and press delete.
Next, I suggest you try to manually reset the spooler as follows:
1) Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
2) You should see "C:\" - if there is anything after the slash, then type cd.. and press ENTER. Repeat this until you see C:\ with nothing after it.
3) Type net stop spooler, and press ENTER (you should get a message saying the spooler has stopped).
4) Type net start spooler, and press ENTER (you should get a message saying the spooler has started).
5) Type exit [Press ENTER.]
Assuming this worked, try installing the printer normally according to the instructions (I don't recall whether your model requires the CD to be inserted before or after the printer is connected to the PC).
If this sequence of steps did not work, then there may be a problem with a system driver that supports the spooler process. There are a few different ways to approach that - let me know if you still have a problem and we'll go from there.
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
This sounds like a software problem (in other words, your printer is not the issue). Here's what I suggest:
1) Save whatever you were attempting to print, and restart the computer. Try printing it again.
2) If it doesn't work, try uninstalling the software for your printer, and then re-install it. In the event you don't have the software handy, you can download the driver from this website:
If it still doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll be happy to offer some more ideas. Hope this helps!
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2017 | Canon Pixma MX922
Jan 13, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 18, 2014 | Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color...
Nov 09, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 20, 2012 | Brother Mfc-9840cdw All-in-one Laser...
Dec 24, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 30, 2008 | OKI MICROLINE 320 Turbo Matrix Printer
Nov 28, 2007 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 28, 2007 | Matrix Okidata Microline 320 Printer
Jan 29, 2007 | Samsung SPP-2020 Thermal Photo Printer
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!