K9mm-v via k8m800 + vt8237r / amd athlon / running ubuntu 7.10 video problems
Hello, I will try and provide some relevant descriptions of the problem.
1. using onboard video, machine just "lost" or had no visual output on the monitor.
2. switched monitors, same result. put monitors on different box, worked fine
3. put a new (e-gforce 6200) graphics card in agp slot. initially worked!
4. after a few days when bios passed control to OS, i got 5 cursors and seemingly 5 screens, nothing ledgible.
5. took new card out. hooked back up to onboard video
6, no change , get the several distorted screens.
7. went into bios and only change i initiated was to load optomized default settings.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
THE LINK ABOVE GIVES THE SPECS
MSI K9MM-V (MS-7312) Spec Sheet
Powered by MOBOT
Find Best Price
BIOS Drivers Manuals
VIA K8M800 VT8237R+
Socket AM2 (940)
Athlon 64X2, Athlon 64FX, Athlon 64
Number of CPUs
Front Side Bus
800MHz HyperTransport Bus Link
VIA UniChrome Pro
The motherboard you mentioned has VIA K8M800 and VT8237R Plus chipset. Unfortunately there are no qualified drivers for windows 7 for this motherboard. I suggest you to try the generic windows 7 drivers. In case of a problem download the windows XP drivers from this official link and if the problem is still existing try before the installation to right click on the file you are about to install and check at the compatibility tab the compatibility with windows XP sp3 check-box.
In case of a problem or clarification or further details needed, don't hesitate to post me a reply before rejecting my answer. If you are satisfied, rate my solution with the "thumbs" or (even better) add a testimonial.
Thanks and regards Please kindly rate this solution Stelios direct fixya link: http://www.fixya.com/users/technical114
some of the motherboard select the kind of devices that will work for them, try to test your sata hard disk with another system if it work then try to change the board. or get another system that will support your sata. thanks
check the website www.asus.com go to the global areaSupports AMD Socket 754 Athlon 64/ Sempron - VIA K8M800 + VT8237R - Front Side Bus 1600 MT/s - DDR400/333/266 - AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Technology - SATA (RAID0, RAID1 & JBOD) If this is your Board just type k8V to the search bar ...if still you cant download the driver i will send it to you by email... just give me your email add....