Question about DeLonghi Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

DELONGHE AC930AMQ MICRO/OVEN. THE INSIDE LIGHT HAS BLOWN, HOW CAN I RPLACE IT, I'M NOT SURE WHERE IT IS LOCATED. TONI.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • DeLonghi Master
  • 8,820 Answers

If there's no obvious removable cover over the bulb (most often on the rear or side) and the owner's manual doesn't address it, then disassembly will be required.

Always unplug a microwave before removing or installing any bulbs.

If it's an over the range type, remove the vent grille across the top and see if bulbs can be accessed there. There may be a panel on the bottom covering the light(s), instead.

If not, chances are you'll have to remove it from the wall, then remove the outer cover. If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.

If you don't have your instructions, please reply back with your brand and model number.

Once it's out of the wall, the outer cover (wrapper) will need to be removed, just as you'll need to do on a counter top model.

On a counter top model, be sure it's unplugged, but otherwise ignore the instructions above this paragraph.

The screws you need to remove should be pretty obvious, but a special driver (such as a T20H type or GTXH20-100) may be needed.

Be sure to put all the screws back in the right holes, since some may be special grounding screws.

Bulbs can be had in most grocery stores, hardware stores, home improvement centers, and big box or department stores.

Many models use halogen lamps. You must not touch the new one with your bare skin, as the oils will shorten the bulb life.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Dec 17, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Jenn-air combo micro and oven


need to open the unit up and look for a fuse to be blown..

Jan 08, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Micro oven Does not operate at all. When the door opens the light is on. We put the stuff to be warmed up inside, close the door. Then click time and start,it does not start.We are in East Marredpally


there is usually a fuse inside which could have blown but they are hard to get to however if the light is on I would guess it's a problem with your doorsendor that tells it the for is closed. not a hard fix but sometimes there are safety screws on theshell

Dec 27, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It's completely dead?? Not sure what happened. Power supply is fine.


Microwaves that suddenly loose power could have many causes with the easiest being a blown fuse inside the cabinet of the oven. To check for this unplug the unit and remove the screws that hold the cabinet in place. Be sure to not touch any of the electrical components inside to avoid shock. Visually follow the path the power cord takes as it enters the unit. The fuse ( usually clear glass with metal ends and cylindrical in shape ) should be located not far from where it enters the cabinet. Once located use a fuse puller or other means to carefully remove the fuse to check the element inside. If the fuse is blown take it to a hardware or electronics store for replacement. These fuses are cheap as this has happened to me before. Good luck!

Jun 19, 2011 | Whirlpool MH6110XE Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Micro wave simply quit. How an I check to see if


The fuse is located inside the microwave. You will need to remove the front panel to get to it. It will be located on the black power wire inside the microwave and installed inline. Make sure that the microwwave is unplugged before removing the front panel. Once you locate the fuse inside you will need to remove it and test it with a continuity tester to see if it is blown. If it is make sure you replace the fuse with the same amp rating you found. If the new fuse blows again then there is an electrical short somewhere inside the microwave.

Dec 24, 2009 | Emerson MW8778 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Micro wave won't heat


HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.

(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))

Sep 20, 2009 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE PROFILE PURCHASED 2006 RUNS BUT NO HEAT MICRO/CONV MODEL JEB1095BB


HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.

(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))

Sep 10, 2009 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Light inside microwave dos not illuminate


bulb to be replaced with same similer, if it is not available please get me touch, 9791055855, india, The bulb cost is Rs: 125.00

G.K.Mahendran

Aug 01, 2008 | GE JVM1340AW/BW/WW Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Delonghi AC930AMQ Microwave, Interior Light Bulb


The bulb is usually run by one of the door switches, but in some cases they are run by a relay on the board.

I would suggest you look over our files on safety & door switches here:

http://www.microwavedisplay.com/safety.txt
http://www.microwavedisplay.com/doorsw.txt

Please write back with more details if you need further help.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 05, 2008 | DeLonghi MW 605 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Light bulb replacement in a Tappan Microwave


Hi Mike.

Difficult to say on yours. You may try the following. On the back or side, if there is a little cover that's screwed into the panel. Otherwise browse around on the inside. Be sure to unplug the micro before checking. Once found be sure to replace with a microwave lamp and not a fridge lamp. There is a difference. Good Luck,JUS004

Feb 28, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Fridgedaire stove top micro oven


Blown 20 amp fuse inside the cabinet. You could try just replacing the fuse, but experience on these says that it blew out for a reason. Something has shorted out inside the cabinet; magnetron, transformer... I highly recommend contacting a local appliance repair company and have them come diagnose this for you. They'll have to remove it from above the stove to gain access for diagnosis, big job! I know this is not what you wanna hear, but they are trained on these and have the necessary tools for removal and proper diagnosis. (plus, if they mess anything up getting it down from there... they are insured) To make things go faster, remember to tell the dispatcher that it's an over the range microwave... this way, the tech will be sure to bring the necessary tools on the first trip.

Sep 25, 2007 | Frigidaire PLMV168 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

128 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top DeLonghi Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Are you a DeLonghi Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...