Question about Philips VR540 VHS VCR
Hi. If I play the video casette with Philips VR540 VCR. Everything is OK, but video cylinder motor slowly go round. Why, what's happened ? The motor went to bad or motor sensor or servo control ? Can I measure something ? Others are OK.
Nope, the only thing you can do is make sure the cylinder motor has the proper B+ on it and replace the cylinder motor if the voltage is correct, but to tell you the truth a new unit would most likely be less expensive the a nes cylinder motor. hope this helps. Good Luck
Posted on Mar 21, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
This can be due to many faults and need a full check up but I can fill up with few tips.
1. If the cassette does not loads ,then the loading section can be faulty as the load motor or the load motor drive can be faulty.
2. If the cassette in take up tray was removed this would create a wrond setting and so the MODE detect will work differently - check these which are opto devices or proximity sensors/magnetic type.
3. Check for fault in the capstan drive or the SERVO section as it will not power the set but trips off if there is a short.
4. Defective HALL IC can shut the switching and so the servo will shut down the processor.
5. Fault in the power section to deliver the correct voltage to the circuits/loading servo to take up.
6. Finally if the loading is not to the MODE switch point or failure of mode can make the loading to trip as it will not complete the load to the desired point.
Aug 24, 2011 | Philips VR540 VHS VCR
Dec 02, 2009 | Philips VR620CAT VCR
Jul 07, 2009 | Philips VR540 VHS VCR
Dec 25, 2007 | Philips VR540 VHS VCR
Jan 22, 2007 | Philips VR540 VHS VCR
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: