Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave blew up is it savable or should i throw it out

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 33 Answers

Dear Nataliebrown,


The Consumer Product Safety Commission warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.So i humbly request u to either call up a service engineer if u want to use the same microwave oven or change ur mind to the new, highly equipped ovens available in the market.

please rate this solution.Thank u Nataliebrown..

Posted on Dec 16, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Coffee spilled microwave while heating now microwave is dead it is a general spacemaker what can I do


Wow, generally a spill in a microwave shouldn't be catastrophic, but if it blew the wall plug, something bad happened. What do you mean it blew the plug? Did it simply trip a GFI? a breaker? Either way something must be amiss inside. Best case is a blown fuse in the microwave. You can look inside for evidence of a short but follow all safety practices and ensure the unit is depowered and steer clear of the big capacitor as it could still be charged.

Dec 28, 2014 | General Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I had a power surge and it blew the fuse


Open it an check the thermal cutouts for an open circuit and for burned wires if you don't find any just replace the fuse. The usual cause is the magnetron and an aging capacitor. I save every microwave people throw out to get the magnetrons... i always seem to have the correct size, bolt pattern, fin pattern etc to repair a microwave fast. With the glut of brand new microwaves for $40 or so at Walmart or other places no-one seems to want my repaired microwaves but i love fixing them anyway.

Oct 16, 2013 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Where are the fuses in my microwave oven,?


Inside behind the display panel on a small circuit board.

Jan 01, 2013 | Magic Chef MCO160UB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Whirlpool Microwave, No Power


could be a damaged door saftey

Jun 14, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My daewoo microwave/toaster blew my breaker upon resetting it and plugging in the microwave it blew again then it tripped my GFI what could be the problem?


Probably a short inside the microwave circuitry.  I had a Daewoo and had nothing but trouble with it.  Main board went out in a year, then again in another year.  Finally went to Home Depot where I bought it and was told that they had nothing but trouble with them and quit selling them.  Now I have a GE Spacemaker.  

Apr 22, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Oven just died on me!


The same thing just happened to ours which is just one year new. Waiting to hear if anyone can offer suggestions/feedback.

Mar 23, 2009 | Oster 0.7 Cu. Ft. Compact Microwave

1 Answer

Goldstar MIcrowave stopped working when light bulb blew out.


when that happen to me i change the bulb and the fuse in of the microwave f the don't work send it to the company that made it and they should tell what wrong.

Mar 11, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Night light bulb blew and when I put in a replacement (from Maytag) it is on all the time. The 3-stage light switch does not change the light on off or to the night light setting.


This may not help but will throw it out there ... Have you tried unplugging the micro for a little while and then plugging it back in? The switch may not control the light directly but may be through a relay and that may be stuck on... Give it a try and let us know if the power down/up cycle helps.. If it doesn't..I'll dig in deeper and look at the circuit logic to see if I can find the root cause..

Oct 11, 2008 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Gold Star convection microwave model ER-930C


If you have a sentimental attachment to this microwave (lots of the older ones feel so much more "quality" than the flimsy throw away versions offered today), then you might want to pick up a service manual to diagnose your issue. Here is one being offered and it has a troubleshooting guide. http://www.analogalley.com/osccart/index.php?manufacturers_id=61

Jan 12, 2008 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

87 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8858 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...