I have a problem about my e260 player with formatting, because everytime i format my playing, it say " The device was unable to complete the format".
Can someone help me fix it problem ?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Problem With Format
Hi, you may want to try using the manufactures preferred method or better still update the firmware. It is available at http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376. Please let me know if this woprks out ok with your Sansa e260. Regards
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To format your device..on your device..go under menu, setting and there should be a format option option there..and also you can format it using your windows media player..Open windows media player and make you sure you device is connected..And on the right side you should see your device listed...right click on the device and click format,.Note formatting will erase all data on your device
let me know if that doenst work for you... Hope this helps
P.S.Please rate accordingly... Thank You Computerrep
OK, we need to know what kind of CD - is it the drivers or a music CD? If you wish to put videos on an mp3 media player with video capability, they will have to be in .mp4 format.
If you're trying to put music on a CD to be played on any device, it will have to be .cda format.
I have guys, I just spoke with the Sansa representative. Even if you have Windows Vista, you do not need a drive for e260 given that Vista carries that drivers for it. If you have tried the steps above, but you Sansa still did not format successfully after using the recoverty tool. This is what you do:
Set you Sansa e260 in recovery mode
- set it to hold
- hold rec
- connect to computer while you are holding rec
- device should be now in recovrey mode
- go to my computer
- go to the folder 16B format
- you will see a text file
- don't worry about
- add a new folder and name Sansa.fmt
- wait up to 2 minutes
- message on your device should say formatting
- wait a few minutes for formatting to take place
- stop the device by removing it safely using windows Safely device removal tool on bottom right corner of your screen
- disconneting your Sansa and you should see a message upgrade finished, Sansa has been restored or something like that
- Power your Sansa on, and Bwala!!! your Sansa is back to normal.
Make sure you dont have Rhapsody, or Windows Media Player open.
Go to My Computer>Device Name (e260)>Right Click and select FORMAT.
If that doesnt work, change the mode on the device Settings>Mode or USB Mode and repeat.
Best of Luck.
If it wont connect to the PC, you need to put it into recovery mode and format it with the recovery tool from SanDisk.
Run the recovery tool from the SanDisk website. Make sure you select "format" when prompted.
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds)
- Slide the hold switch into "hold" position.
- Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
Best of Luck.