- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Buy a lens cleaner made by TDK or others. If you can see the picture from the lens cleaner disk The lens is clean but your semiconductor chipset can not read the dvd reflections because it overheated. Use it more often with the lens cleaner, the chipset damaged by humidity may dry up and work perfectly again.
Hi Vzon DVD Player,
Before you fix anything, you need to troubleshoot the problem first to know what needs fixing. Since DVD players can play different kind of media formats like Audio CD, VCD, mp3, etc, please try the following
1. Turn on the DVD player and set the program to DVD. some player needs to be setup due to multiple functionality (can play mp3 on flash drive, etc..)
2. insert different Media CD as mentioned above if your player will play them. (if they play, try to insert the DVD you want to play)
3. Try different DVD disc
4. If all the above don't work, try to clean the laser head using the standard disc cleaner.
5. retry the DVD disc
6. If the player still don't play your DVD, probable issue would be the laser head or the disc motor.
7. Please bring them to you nearest Electronic repair shop for further assessment.
Hi, Unfortunately , Some DVD players ,especially brand ones cant read some DVD s and then it gives either "loading" or " no disc"..reading on the display... it generally happens when you want to play "A copied DVD/CD " taken from somewhere else.. Just
to make sure that such DVD is ok ,you can try to run them on your
laptop.If the disc itself has problem, laptop does not read either.. Since you have not stated,if it is an old player pls Clean your DVD player's LASER lens .. A clean DVD player Lens ensures that
your DVD disc would be read properly. Unfortunately, your DVD player's
Lens accumulate as much dust and lint as the other parts of the DVD
player. There are many available DVD lens cleaner kits
that you can purchase and use to clean your DVD player.
YOUR DVD disc itself should be clean and finger prints free as well.... Here are three suggested DVD Lens Cleaner that should do the job of cleaning your DVD Player's lens. Memorex Laser Lens Cleaner for DVD
- This cleaner contains six soft brushes that gently remove dust, dirt
and other airborne contaminants from your DVD player's lens. (Price:
$6.09) Maxell DVD-LC DVD Lens Cleaner
- This DVD Lens cleaner features the "Thunderon Brush System" and
include tests for audio performance including Dolby 5.1 surround sound.
It also features an interactive on-screen instructions in 8 languages
including system set-up. (Price: $10.81) Allsop 23321 Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner
- This DVD Lens Cleaner features an 8 brush carbon-system with carbon
edge that removes static build-up from your DVD Players. It prevents
skipping and also improves the sound and picture output of your DVD
Player. ($13.11) Hope this helps! Take care and please Remember to rate/vote and give me 4 Thumbs Up for me to continue for Helping out the Community :) Thanks
if it's not, try taking it back to the store and asking for a replacement. don't let the floor salesman tell you no. insist on speaking to the manager. my strategy is to: "be polite, appear slightly stupid, and dont take no for an answer" it works 80-90% of the time.
if you cant get anywhere (or dont want to try that route), then you have nothing to lose. open the case and try to clean the mechanism and lens
two screws on either side of the unit, and i think another 4 screws on the back side. this will allow you to pull the top cover off the unit.
clean the mechanism, and clean the lens. you can buy cleaner if you want, but i just use a soft cloth and some "no-streak" type window/glass cleaner (windex)
clean your disks as well. this DVD player seems to be sensitive to scuffs and dust more than some other players. you just have to be persistent.
or you could buy another DVD player. at $60, its really a pretty good deal anyhow.