Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Have a wireless router, my laptop says i am connected but when I go to internet explorer, tells me I cannot connect
Check your IE internet connetion settings follow ff. steps.
1. open Internet Explorer browser
2. go to tools, internet options or options
3. under options, select "connections" tab
4. under connection tab, select "LAN settings"
5. under LAN settings check if "Automatically detect settings" is mark check if not mark it check.
6. click apply to save your settings and click ok
7. close your browser and open it again
if you still having a problem,
try this steps to chek your wireless settings
1. rigth click the wireless network status bar near desktop time & date
2. select status
3. under status, select Properties
4. under properties, select TCP/IP settings and click properties
5. check if "Obtain an IP address Automatically" is selected if not select.
6. click also obtain DNS
7. save your settings and close the properties
8. after saving, wireless will reconnect
9. open your browser for Internet
hope this will help you
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2011 | Routers
Jun 11, 2011 | Routers
Jun 09, 2010 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Mar 22, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Feb 10, 2010 | Routers
Apr 10, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Aug 19, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jan 14, 2008 | Routers
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!