- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn off printer (use button, don't unplug)
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
Check page 10 in the manual at this link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpd09384.pdf
the "Resume" & "Power" buttons & lights are the ones you refer
to, then here is a page explaining how to resolve this issue: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=71895&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=71895&objectID=c00681585
A friend of mine had the same problem and turned out to be the print head. They can be pricey so a new printer would be in order probably. Could also be the waste ink counter as well. Here are some steps to see if you can get rid of the 7 orange blinks:
1. Start with printer OFF 2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 3. Release RESUME 4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving. 6. Select functions below with RESUME, execute with POWER
0 presses - green light - Test Print (exit service for i960) 1 press - orange light - EEPROM info print 2 presses - green light - EEPROM initialise 3 presses - orange light - reset waste ink counter.
If this doesn't work then you know its the print head for sure.
I have a HP PSC 1410 printer. All of a sudden in the morning when i
turned on the printer all the lights on the printer started blinking
and keeps blinking. E appears on the copies LED. What could be the
problem. I have even switched off the printer and turned back on but
the problem remains.