Question about Presto HeatDish Compact Heater
Does anyone have the m and/or does the manual give you instruction how to take the white grill off? I lost my manual. I had other try to take off and have the same problem. I can't believe customer is having this same problem. I also saw this at Costco but the foot of the base looked dark gray, I wonder they upgrade to fix this problem. Does anyone have the manual and can you please sran and e-mail to me and/or fax to me at 610 330-2265. Thank you everyone for your support.
Remove the batteries, on the back.
You may remove the kerosene left over, by using your filling pump and transferring it, to the approved container, you use when buying Kerosene.
First, remove the wire handle. Pull gently outwards with the wire handle horizontally.
Second, lift one side of surrounding grill, until the top and bottom sides come off. Do the same on the opposite side.
Third, remove the top cover, by pulling upward.
fourth, unscrew the two side screws, located on the lower part of the cylindrical shape, that was surrounded by the wire grill, that was just removed.
Fifth, Remove the front know, by pullung outward.
Sixth, remove the cover and note that the balancing weight will come off. Very easy to reinstall.
Seventh, Remove four nuts, on the outer space of the wick and cover assembly.
Eight, Remove the wick by pulling downwards and nothing that there are two pins. When reassembling with new wicker, assure that the pins in the new wicker fit the hole openings, properly.
Installing follow the reverse of the above noted points. The whole work should not take more than 20 minutes.
Tools required are: flat screw driver, need nose pliers.
Be a little patient.
Call me at 610.217.8133 . Please note that I have the same model and have changed wicks, as per instructed by mfgr.. If you want a manual, I will send a copy. prepaid by all mayor credit cards, in the amount of $10.00.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2010 | Pelonis HC-461 Ceramic Heater
Oct 29, 2010 | Rinnai RHFE-1004FA 38,400 BTU Energy Saver...
Jan 08, 2010 | Presto HeatDish Compact Heater
Oct 25, 2009 | Presto HeatDish Compact Heater
I just fixed my Stanley Lasko 675900
FOR GOOD and would like to tell the world how to fix it!
1. Remove the front plastic grill. The bolts are torx heads with a center pin. You may be able to find a torx head driver with the center pin but I improvised. I Used a dremel tool with a small rounded diamond bit to grind the center pins out of each screw so I can use a standard torx head driver on the screws.
2. Remove the heating element. These should be Phillips screws.
3. Blow out the dust from the back side of the heating element. (be careful with the fragile fins)
4. put it all back together and it should work just fine.
5. (optional at your own risk!) I believe the small gadget attached to the top of the heating element with the white wire is the limiter. You can use pliers to slide the unit out of the element and either move the unit further toward the center area, or cut the device out completely with wire cutters and then splice it back together. If you do this REMEMBER TO CLEAN THE BACK OF TH HEATING ELEMENT EVERY MONTH TO PREVENT A DUST FIRE!
I hope this work for you and good luck!
Jan 25, 2009 | Lasko 675900 Stanley® Heater
May 06, 2008 | Heaters
Dec 27, 2007 | Lasko 5132 Ceramic Compact Heater
Feb 26, 2007 | Presto HeatDish Compact Heater
Jan 26, 2014 | Presto HeatDish Compact Heater
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: