Question about Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder
The menu is in Japanese and i can not understand it, which resulted, in some instances, erased files. Example, ALL the recorded voice files were erased when i plugged the cable in the usb port of the desktop to download the recorded files! I can't understand the commands because it is all in Japanese! I definitely did not push or even TOUCH the erase button but those files were all gone...Now, i just wanted to change the default language back to English for better understanding and manipulation of the recorder. Thanks!
To reset the settings back to English:
1. Set the DM-20 to Voice mode using the blue switch on the back voice recorder.
2. Remove the DM-20 from Hold using the gray switch on the back of the voice recorder.
3. Press and hold the DISPLAY/MENU button on the front of the DM-20 for at least 3 seconds. The menu list is displayed.
4. Click the REWIND button six times to highlight the Format menu item.
5. Click the PLAY button to select the Format menu item. A message will be displayed with Cancel and Start options.
6. Click the REWIND button once to highlight Start.
7. Click the PLAY to select Start. A message stating that the data will be cleared will display briefly. Then a message asking if you are sure will be displayed.
8. Click the REWIND button once to highlight the Start menu item to continue with the format.
9. Click the PLAY select the Start menu item and begin the format. The format progress bar will appear. When it is complete the menu items will be in the English language.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
Get the manual and format your dm-20.. i had the same problem.. and i formated it... how?.. with the manual.. tell you how to get the format option... good luck.
Posted on May 29, 2008
Exactly the same here, too! No way to change the language!
Posted on May 08, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX50/B 16 Megapixel...
Dec 25, 2014 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Nov 26, 2013 | 2005 Nissan Murano SE
May 03, 2011 | Panasonic LUMIX DMCFX66 Digital Camera
Jun 27, 2010 | Nokia 5130 Cellular Phone
Jan 19, 2010 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX1 Digital Camera
Oct 18, 2009 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Digital Camera
Apr 30, 2009 | Sony Cybershot DSC-T200 Digital Camera
Apr 22, 2014 | Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder
1,671 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!