Question about HP Vs17 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
OK. Thanks for the response. That message is telling us that the monitor is getting no signal from the computer. In your case, it sounds like it is working part of the time. So, here are the things that can cause the problem, starting with the monitor and working backwards.
1) The monitor may have an internal problem.
2) The cable connector that goes into the monitor may have a loose connection or be bad. Check for loose or bent pins in the connector plug and socket, and that the plug is seated properly and is tight.
3) The cable itself could be damaged and have a wire that is cut or pinched. Look for cuts or heavy crimps on the cable.
4) The cable connector that goes into the computer may have a loose connection or be bad. Check for loose or bent pins in the connector plug and socket, and that the plug is seated properly and is tight.
5) There could be a problem with the computer that is internal. If there is a video card that plugs into the mother board, you could unplug it, clean the dust and such from the contacts on the card and around where the video card plugs in the mother board and reinsert the video card. Also, the video card itself could be bad,in which case it would need to be replaced. Some systems have the video function as a part of the mother board. If that's the case, the mother board would need to be replaced.
One thing that you can try when it is failing. While watching the monitor, firmly wiggle the cable and each of the connectors to see if the signal comes and goes. You may want to enlist someone to watch while you wiggle, or wiggle while you watch (That sounds kind'a bad doesn't it? <Grin>) But, that could tell us something.
Hope this helps and will be waiting to hear back from you on this.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2014 | Acer S201HL BD Refurbished LCD Monitor
Mar 21, 2014 | HP Media Center m7657c home PC - RC640AAR...
Jun 10, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Nov 28, 2011 | Televison & Video
Aug 15, 2011 | HP dx2300 Monitor Personal computer Intel...
May 12, 2011 | HP Pavilion m7570n (EX331AA) PC Desktop
May 09, 2011 | LG Televison & Video
Jun 13, 2010 | HP vp17 Monitor
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: