Question about GE JKP27 Electric Double Oven
Try gaining access to the touch pad and, try to free up the start button. if this is unsuccessful, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2011 | GE Ovens
Jul 30, 2011 | GE JKP30CMCC 27" Built-in Single Electric...
Apr 27, 2011 | GE JKP27 Electric Double Oven
Feb 28, 2011 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 16, 2010 | GE Built-In 24" Double Electric Wall Oven
Jul 28, 2009 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jun 02, 2009 | GE Monogram ZET3058SHSS Stainless Steel...
You can fix a suggested fix at the following link:
Even though you are not getting an error message, they are sometime stored in memory and have to be repeated a number of times before they show up in the display. I have shared this fix with over 1300 folks and most report success. I hope that it works for you too. Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct 15, 2007 | GE JKP27 Electric Double Oven
Feb 16, 2014 | GE JKP27 Electric Double Oven
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!