Question about Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television

1 Answer

Leaking green tube that needs to be replaced

A TV technician told me the green tube is leaking and needs to be replaced.  Where do I get the green tube and how do I replace it?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 133 Answers

It wont be worth it, when you change 1, it is strongly sugested you replace all 3, and they cost around 200$ a piece, but just so you know, they cant leak, unless you break the glass at the top

Posted on Jan 08, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My tv is blue. no red & green

Please check if the red and green tube have lights.Then if the green and red tube have no lights the problem is in the driver board of your tv.It is a major repair and need to check the repair technician.

Jul 06, 2011 | Zenith Televison & Video

1 Answer

Hitachi 60" Ultravision TV - bad green tube that is leaking

If this has only started to leak recently, get an estimate from a local servicer for a coolant replacement for that tube. The coolant is corrosive and needs to be cleanedup ASAP from any circuit board that it has touched before there is damage. This is NOT a DIY repair. Expect a repair cost in the $300 range for parts and labor. If the set had a good picture prior to this, it may be worth the repair. This is your call. Do not delay however, as any delay will increase the likelyhood that there will be more damage that needs repair.


Dec 09, 2009 | Hitachi Televison & Video

3 Answers

There is an oil leak somewhere at the tubes dripping at the pcb's. Was told by the technician that the pict tubes has to be replaced.

Wait, there are no picture tubes in an DLP set. This diagnosis cannot be correct. I would consult another service center for a complete diagnosis.
If you have further questions, please respond to this post. I might be able to help you if I knew what your symtoms are.
Thanks for using FixYa

Oct 07, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P5663W 56" TV

2 Answers

D52W20BYX1 Green problem

I would go back to green tube disconnect ,unplug CRT board to green tube if set stays up playing its the tube.

Sep 19, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

3 Answers

Sony Wega kdf-50E2000 Keeps turning off and on

Before you replace the lamp I recommend trying to clean/dust the lamp component and lamp plug in area. I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by simply blowing the dust off the lamp components and fan. Use a can of high pressure air to get into the cracks and crevices.

Jun 04, 2009 | Sony KDF-50E2000 50" HDTV

1 Answer

I paid 9.95 for assistance and did not get a responce but charged

From your description it sounds like G2 voltage on the green picture tube is too high.
Are you confident about adjusting it yourself? There are high voltages in places which can kill. I will not take any responsibility of you getting an electric shock so I suggest calling in a qualified TV technician.

Any TV technician should be able adjust this voltage and it should not take long to do it unless the cases are hard to remove and hard to access the flyback transformer where the G2 (screen) adjustment is located.

Otherwise it may be a faulty green picture tube and this is expensive as you need to get the tube replaced.

Hope this helps

Nov 21, 2008 | Televison & Video

2 Answers

Need new green picture tube

If the repair center is an authorized Samsung service center, they should be able to get hte part for you. I don't have parts listings for Samsung sets, but the part numbers should be available from Samsung directly. Since you know the problem, try another service center that is associated with Samsung. Not all independent servicers can get parts from all manufacturers.


Jul 09, 2008 | Samsung PCL5415RB 54" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Need new green picture tube

You dont need a new tube. What you need is to repair the seal on your old tube and replace the CRT coolant fluid. There is a coolant chamber attached to the tube with long bolts with springs on them that contains coolant to prevent your tubes from getting hot. Yours may just need tightening, but I would replace the seal just to be safe as thecoolant can and will destroy your circuit board if its allowed to continue to leak on it.

Jan 15, 2008 | Samsung HCL4715W 47" Rear Projection...

3 Answers

My TV has blue lines,flashes then turns off

Bad blue CRT common problem.....................T.

Nov 09, 2007 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television Logo

Related Topics:

70 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75888 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1689 Answers

Are you a Sony Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides