a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I dont see any other way to fix other than purchase another cap...
I ordered 2 replacement caps from here they were the cheapest tat I found http://www.jardenstore.com/productdetails.aspx?BrandId=494&pid=1783 but they seem to be out of stock at the moment These http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/humidifiers/holmes/holmes-water-tanks.html are 3 dollars more here hope this helps
i just ordered a replacement cap for the w-12 it has a funnel on the end the one i have don't but the man said it will do the same thing. the funnel is for pouring the water in. the website is appliancefactoryparts.com it cost around 28.00 thats including the shipping and handling of 7.99
Hello. Humidifier water tanks must be regularly disinfected to remove the presence of bacteria and reduce the risk of mold spores. Carefully remove the screw-on cap, fill with cool water and add a tablespoon of household bleach to the water. Replace the cap and set aside for 20 minutes. Once done, empty the water tank, rinse thoroughly with clear cool water, and wipe the outside with a soft damp cloth and you are good to go. Do this once per week. Regards, Joe PS please rate my answer. thank you.
From The Hunter Manual
1. Turn the humidifier ‘OFF’ and unplug the unit.
2. Lift the main housing and remove the water dispersion tray and the PermaWick™ Filters. The motor is attached to the main housing. Do not place the motor near water. Do not use a wet towel on the motor or motor housing as electrical shock may occur.
3. The PermaWick™ Filter should be cleaned in a vinegar and water solution to remove any mineral buildup. Place in a solution of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Allow the filter to soak for 20 minutes.
4. After soaking, rinse it several times with clean water. Place the PermaWick™ Filter in a location where it can drip dry while you clean the other parts of your humidifier.
5. Remove the water tank from the base and empty any water that is left in the tank. Soak the base in a mixture of one (1) gallon of water and eight (8) ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes.
6. After soaking, wipe the base with a soft cloth or sponge to remove any mineral build up. Rinse with clean water several times. If you are planning on storing the humidifier, be sure the base is completely dry.
7. Fill the water tank with one (1) gallon of water and eight ounces of undiluted white vinegar. Replace the tank cap and shake the tank vigorously until all interior surfaces of the tank have been exposed to the water/vinegar mixture.
8. Empty the tank of the water/vinegar mixture. Rinse it several times with clean water and then replace the tank cap. If you are planning on storing the humidifier, dry it inside and out, leaving the cap off to allow the tank to completely dry. Continue to clean the other parts of your humidifier.
9. Remove the water diffuser cap by squeezing the two tabs as shown in Figure 3. Rinse the cap in clean water to remove any debris. If the cap contains hard water residue, soak it in a mixture of one (1) quart of water and two (2) ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes.
Rinse well and reinstall the water diffuser cap. Do not expose motor or other electrical components to water.
10. Wipe the surfaces of the main housing with a soft cloth.
11. Once all the parts are clean, reassemble the humidifier, and follow the USING YOUR HUMIDIFIER to continue use. If you are storing the humidifier, make sure the parts are completely dry, reassemble, and store in a dry location
The screw does turn and will open the valve, take the hex nut off and turn the screw to see if water leaks between the valve portion and the hexnut housing. They used that same valve on many models, including the newer models. Make sure you are getting water to the valve.