O2 icon on main screen lg ku990i
its a hard coded part of the phone dependant on your network, however, google "viewty theme manager" and "EFS Mediabuilder" and download them. The next bit is a bit long winded, but bare in mind that once this has been done, any theme you pick with the theme manager (even the default one that the viewty comes with) will remove the O2 icon.
Run EFS Media Builder, and navigate to "LGAPP/Media/swf/theme". BACKUP "theme_bg2.swf". If you really don't want to **** things up, just backup the whole damn "theme" folder. You don't have to back it up but its strongly recommended you do,
I'm a phone flash modder, so i take the risks and can tell you ive had no problems with it whatsoever, but make sure you read the installation readme's you get with the theme manager and efs builder. If you google "installing viewty theme manager" there are also a few video tutorials on how to install the theme manager correctly. Once its been installed though you never have to worry about it again.
from the KU990.co.uk forums - a tutorial on how to install it:
To install it if you have a memory card:
1) Install "theme_bg2.swf" into "LGAPP/Media/swf/theme" using EFS Media Builder then restart the phone once done.
Navigate to Settings, Phone settings, Connectivity, USB Connection mode
and pick Mass Storage from the list then connect the phone to pc
3) Switch USB connection mode to Mass Storage then browse to the Memory Card/Removable Storage.
4) Drag and drop the "Themes" folder from the rar file directly to the root of the memory card.
6) Navigate to Settings, Screen, Handset theme and pick Silver from the list.
Installing to Phone Memory
1) Edit the "ThemeList.txt" file to make all custom themes point towards the phone memory (//LGAPP/Media/swf/theme/Themes)
2) Navigate to "LGAPP/Media/swf/theme" with EFS Media Builder.
3) Drag and drop "theme_bg2.swf" file and the "Themes" folder into this loction then restart the phone.
4) Navigate to Settings, Screen, Handset theme and pick Silver from the list
need to edit the ThemeList.txt if you install to the Phone as it
currently set to the memory card location. Change the '0' to '1' for
all the themes in the ThemeList.txt file.
All you have to do once it's been installed is pick your silver theme and click your "c" button twice on the home screen to bring up the theme manager.
I know its long winded to get rid of the o2 icon but unfortunately its the only way without removing hard coded files from the viewty and potentially breaking it =/
May 28, 2009 |
LG KU990 Viewty