Question about Brother Disney PE-400D Computerized Sewing Machine
HI, I have a PEBrother400D. I have used it very little up until the last 60 days. I was embroidering and the top sewing thread kept winding around the bobbin. Finally the machine quit working. I noticed the bobbin casing was not turning. I put a new bobbin casing in it. It still is not working. Everything down below is turning except the bobbin casing when I turn on the machine. Does anyone out there know what is causing this? I hate to send it out for repair if It is not broke or some small part I could order. Thanks Thank you, Patty
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: brother PE150
You need to adjust your top tension and maybe your bottom tension ( the little screw on the bobbin cover) Also check your needle and make sure it's straight.
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
SOURCE: Brother PE-150V bobbin thread
For embroidery, and zig-zag, and because the needle makes side movements, it needs more needle thread.
So try to keep you needle thread not very tight,
and tight up your bobbin case tension more, so that the two threads meet under the meterial.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Checking to see if in fact that the bobbin shaft is turning. Run it without any bobbin on the bobbin shaft. Make sure that it is push over in the correct position and run it. I checked on mine and it does make the whirring sound and the the shaft does spin. Also check underneath the shaft to see if there is any thread wrapped around it. ( I had problems with that in the past). I hope this helps,
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Feb 06, 2013 | Brother Disney PE-400D Computerized Sewing...
Sep 10, 2012 | Bernina Artista 180
Aug 06, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Aug 01, 2011 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jun 02, 2011 | Brother LX3125 Sewing Machine
Mar 24, 2011 | Brother Disney PE-400D Computerized Sewing...
Jun 06, 2017 | Brother Sewing Machines
Mar 06, 2011 | Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing...
Aug 27, 2010 | Brother Disney PE-400D Computerized Sewing...
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: