For some reason, whenever i turn the vcr on, it turns itself off automatically within seconds - there is no tape in it, and i've cracked the case open and the fuse is intact - the display shows the dashes that is normal when the time isnt set, and when i turn it on, the spindle spins as if it's trying to play a vhs, even through there isnt one in - also, the tape tray is down as if there were a tape in it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It looks like the red triangle might be an indication that there is a fault. It could be something to with the mechanism. I would take a look inside the unit by taking off the top cover. The unit shuts down to prevent further damage.
If there is a mechanism fault on the VCR then the VCR will shut itself down. It sounds like the mechanism might be jammed, it's trying to move to the right position, when power is applied but can't so it stops. One thing that might be wrong is the mode switch might be faulty. This will cause all sorts of thing to happen, including putting on the timer record light even when none has been set.
1 Press POWER to turn the power off.
2 Press TV/VCR, current VCR Output Channel will appear on the LCD display.
3 Each time TV/VCR is pressed for 2 seconds, the LCD display changes as follow
clock press tv/vcr RF3 2 secondes later RF4.
• VCR Output Channel is automatically set during EZ Set Up.
1. If Channel 3 (or 4) is an active broadcast channel in your area, the Channel 4 (or 3) will be set.
2. If both channel are the active channel or none active channel, the VCR Output Channel will be set to Channel 3.
• Cancelled the EZ Set Up by pressing POWER during EZ Set Up before setting the Output Channel.
• VCR Output Channel will not change to previous VCR Output Channel if TV/VCR is pressed continuosly for more than 2
You need the aligniament the eject gears to tape gears.Please remove the cover platen and the rear cover(bottom) and align the gears manually.Obturated the sensors hole and insert the cassette.Verify the eject and the tape belts.If you have knowlwdge VCRs the problems solved in 1 hour.
Try removing the top cover & have a look to see what happens when you put the tape in & press play/rewind etc. Is the take up spool (right hand spool) turning properly or is there slack tape not being taken into the cassette? Are the heads spinning ? I think your problem is more likely to do with the tape not travelling smoothly around the tape path. Possibly the clutch gears need cleaned or the soft brakes may not be dis-engaging properly.