Fault code 000C
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) TCM-000C is stored if the control module
detects that the vehicle speed and engine speed (RPM) signals do not
correspond with the programmed values and that an "incorrect" gear is
being used in relation to the calculated gear. This is because solenoid
S2 is stuck in open or closed position.
Diagnostic Codes: 000C, 002A, 002B, P0733, P0734, P0756
1. Clear codes from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
2. With fluid hot, check transmission fluid for quality and level.
3. Test drive the vehicle. Accelerate from 20-60 MPH when in geartronic
mode, gear 4. While doing this, watch input and output speed sensors
with a scan tool.
4. If the code returns, the transmission is slipping, and the input and
output speed sensors are updating, the problem is internal to the
5. If transmission is replaced, test ATF for coolant contamination per TNN 43-48. Replace radiator if necessary.
Potential Causes: Transmission Mechanical Problem
TCM-002B 4th gear. Incorrect gear ratio. This code sets when the actual
gear ratio deviates by more than 10% of what is programmed into the TCM.
TCM-002A 3rd gear. Incorrect gear ratio P0756 - TCM-000C - Shift
solenoid S2, hydraulic malfunction If the transmission is replaced, be
sure the mating surfaces between the engine and transmission are bare
metal and clean. If not, the engine may not start after assembly.
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback
is important and
I`ll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some
testimonial comment about this answer.
Thank you for using FixYa, have a nice day
Feb 24, 2012 |
1999 Volvo S80