I can't open sig. files on window 7 keeps saying not supported will not allow me to use the software to open either. no matter that i the print shop as default
Print Shop 20 is not completely compatible with Windows 7. For example, when I try to open a Print Shop 20 project on my Windows 7 computer, by double-clicking on the file which is displaying the Broderbund logo, I receive an error message which says, "There was a problem sending the command to the program." And, even though the Print Shop 20 file will eventually open, it actually opens in PrintMaster.
It is, however, possible to force the file to open in Print Shop 20 by doing this:
1. Open Windows Explorer, then find and right click on a Print Shop 20 *.sig file.
2. When the menu drops down, click on 'Open with...'.
3. When the 'Open with' window opens, make sure that there is a check mark in the box next to 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.
4. If Print Shop 20 is displayed in either the 'Recommended Programs' section or the 'Other Programs' section, click on Print Shop 20, then click on OK.
If Print Shop 20 is NOT displayed in either the 'Recommended Programs' section or the 'Other Programs' section, click on the 'Browse' button.
5. When the second 'Open With' window opens, navigate to this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Print Shop 20\The Print Shop 20
then, click on the tps.exe file.
6. Then, click on 'Open' then click on 'OK'.
This should cause all *.sig files to automatically open in Print Shop 20 when you double-click on them. However, since file associations are always based on the file extension of the project file, it might be necessary to repeat the process above for all Print Shop 20 file extensions.
Hope this helps....
Nov 17, 2010 |
Broderbund The Print Shop 20 Deluxe for PC