Question about Sony COMBO |CRX850E SLIM % (CRX850E) Burner
I've been on the dell site and gone through all the systems check ups using the f12 button during start up, and the laptop is happy that the drive is functioning ok (Which it is, well, it make all the right noises and lights are flashing when a disc is in it) but it will not complete the 'read' test.
The drive sounds like its trying but i get nothing from any disc???????
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Have you tried the latest firmware?
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
SOURCE: No firmware update available
why do you want or need a firmware update ?
if the drive is functioning correctly, it,s best to leave it alone.
Flashing a drive with firmware, can lead to an unusable drive. if you get a corrupt file-bad flash or power cut. you,ll have a pretty paperweight.
Mike @ Compurepair.
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
1. pl confirm ur drive as as sony as AW-Q170A
2. Download both file necflash_wingui.zip and 113bt_rpc1.zip
3. If ur not sure about drive being master or slave turn all the IDE to PIO mode. Pl remember flashing will not be possible if in other mode.
4. Unzip the zip file
5. Run necflash dump the firmweare file at safe location and flash the bin file with 113Bt_prc.bin.
6. Reboot in safe mode. Restore IDE to original mode.
7. Reboot and start normally. Bingo prob is solved
Posted on May 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2017 | Dell Studio XPS 13 Laptop Computer (Intel...
Jul 31, 2011 | Dell DVD-rom DVD Drive
Jul 21, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 02, 2017 | Sony CRX320EE CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Dec 06, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Sep 22, 2009 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Aug 15, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jul 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 23, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: