Hp psc 1410 cannot delete remote redirected print job
I am running xp pro and like my psc 1410 all in one.
In the past for local blocked jobs restarting the pc and printer would do it.
This time nothing seems to work.
I have restarted the pc several times. Stopped and restarted the spoolsv service. The job is still there and shows "deleting", but never goes away.
I have tried removing and reinstalling the printer but even that wont work while that job is sitting there.
I am pretty stuck, any help would be appreciated
Re: hp psc 1410 cannot delete remote redirected print job
There is a option in printer box "Purge Print document" you try that option, After Purge then delete the document, which is still present in your box. At a time turn off the printer. All the pending printing commands will delete.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try the HP website. I just downloaded a tool that fixed my problem which was with a 1410 that worked with a Mac and with XP, but not Vista (although it had in the past). Print jobs showed in the queue, there was no error msg, but wouldn't print, either.
if the print job doesn't get deleted after a restart of your computer, do the following:
Click on start -> Run, then enter: services.msc
Click OK to open the Services windows. Locate the entry "Print Spooler" in the Services list. Click it and choose "Stop" and "Restart".
Your print job should then be deleted.
If my answer was helpful to you, please leave a positive feedback.
turn off the printer
go to the computer and click on start>>control panel>>administrative tools>>services.
select print spool and right click to stop it.
now opne the printers and Faxes. open the printer properties and delete all of the print jobs.
go back to the service and restart the print spool, and turn on the printer.
I would like to provide you few workaround steps, you may try to improve the printing speed on the computer.
Delete all the Temporary files:
For Windows XP:
(1) Click Start >> In the Run window, type "%temp%" which opens temporary files folder.
(2) Delete all the files that are listed over there.
If Windows Vista:
(1) Click Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> In the Run window, type "%temp%" and press enter.
(2) Delete all the files listed under temporary files folder.
(1) Click Start >> Printer and Faxes.
(2) Right click on the Printer icon which is set as default and select properties.
(3) Click on Advance Tab.
(4) put a check mark on "Print Directly to printer" option.
(5) Click Apply and Ok.
Hope this solution would be helpful in resolving the issue that you are experiencing.
Found On: http://www.nztechie.com/can-not-delete-failed-print-jobs-in-windows-vistaxp2000/270/
Can not delete failed print jobs in Windows Vista/XP/2000
Occassionally, a job will stall in the Printer Spooler. The jobs status will constantly be reported as “Deleting”, but the job will not disapear. ‘Cancel’ and ‘Restart’ have no affect.
Resolution: Stop the Print spooler, manually remove the stalled jobs and then restart the Print Spooler service.
1. Press Start-> Run -> Type ‘Services.msc” -> Press Enter
2. Scroll Down the List until you find “Print Spooler”
3. Highlight this name
4. Select “Stop the service” from the left pane
5. Minimize the Services window
5. Navigate to the following directory in Windows Explorer “x:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS” where “X” is the drive you have Windows XP installed.
6. Delete the contents of the “PRINTERS” folder. Do no delete the “PRINTERS” folder iself.
7. Maximize the Services window
8. Scroll Down the List until you find “Print Spooler”
9. Highlight this name
10. Select “Start the service” from the left pane
Your issue should be resolved.