Did anyone ever encounter this problem? I just loaded the cartridges, and the red light is still on with the flashing green light. I just bought the printer. When I run a diagnosis on the print menu it says 3 cartridges are empty. Is it possible that the first time you load print cartridges it uses them to it's entirety?
I just got a new unit and it came with three defective ink cartridges - go to printer, right click, select Preferences and the window that pops up will have the cartridges illustrated with an X on the defective one. Epson replaced my defective cartridges at no charge - just the inconvenience of waiting for delivery.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Flashing alternately mean waste pad full. Reset using SSC utility or Adjusment program/resetter. But, you must replace cartridge before. Turn off printer, unlock carriage lock (left side of carriage at parking position). Move carriage by hand to replacement position. Replace ink tank. Reset using the resetter.
Hi It means you need to prime the lines. Push the button for water, then open the knob on the right. When water starts to flow the red light should disappear, and start to warm up. If the red light doesn't disappear, you may have a restriction in the flow meter, or intake line.
There are actually some certain meaning on the red light and green light showing different information to user. The summaries are: 1) Green On, Red Off = Printer Ready. 2) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Fast-Flashing = Printer warm up. 3) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Off = Printer off-line. 4) Green Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Processing Data. 5) Green Off, Red On = Cover Opened, Toner Empty or Developer Unit / Drum unit missing. 6) Green Off, Red Fast-Flashing = Paper Jam or waiting for jam reset. 7) Green Off, Red Slow-Flashing = Paper Empty or Paper tray is not inserted. 8) Green Off, Red Off = Printer power is off. 9) Green Very-Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Printer in sleep mode. 10) Green (any condition above), Red Slow-Flashing = Toner low or paper empty.
So what is your printer condition? Better know what is going on your printer so can solve the problem.