TV, Mitsubishi WD-62527 comes on for sec goes off, error code 56
Television was working for a bit, now it comes on for a second and goes off. Status light and lamp light both come on and blink. Have pressed device and menu button and come up with error code 56. Lamp is relatively new, all fans work, filter was cleaned, was working fine and has beautiful picture when working, is it fixable?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the status light blinking red means a fan (the unit hs 4 of them) has failed. you need to determine which one. use the self diagnostic function:
Error Code Operational Check
Note: The TV must be in “Shut Down” and not manually switched Off, to perform the Error Code Operational
Check. When the TV is switched Off, the code automatically resets to “12” No Error.
Press the front panel “DEVICE” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds to
activate the Error Code Operational Check. The LED will then flash denoting a two digit Code.
Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.
• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.
Example: If the Error Code is “32”, the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.
• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.
and read the code.
35= Chassis Fan failure
36 =Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure
37= Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure