I have a Nokia 6670 and i think it has a virus. Is there any virus that doesnt let the phone start? When you try to turn it on it just turns the white backround but the Nokia logo never comes out and turn off after a little while. Is this a virus or what is it? Is there anything i can do to fix this?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Help on viruses
There isn't a virus that does that. This may be caused by a buffer overflow or a flash error or even a firmware corruption. It would be very hard for a virus to do that. However you will probably need to have the phone's software (flash) rewritten in a service center. It's the safest and easiest way to get it fixed. They have the proper tools and hardware to fix your phone's software.
Also, in the future, try not to install programs in phone memory, if you have the option always install on memory cards. I have seen phones with full internal memory that fail to boot because the operating system (symbian) doesn't have enought "RAM" memory to load itself.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you tried to insert other provider's sim in your mobile and because of that is your mobile is showing "contact service provider" if so your mobile is locked to network and you can unlock it to use other proider's SIM..try Unlock-Free to get unlock code for your nokia 6670 and unlock it instantly..
If you encounter situation like below on your 6670,
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot. 2. Phone only able to boot-up to "Nokia" word screen. 3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that. 4. Error messages such as "Child Installer" keeps popping-up.
Do a Full phone formatting on your 6670! as steps below,
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left. 2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card. 3. Switch-off your 6670phone. 4. Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, * (star key) & no. 3 key and then press the power on/off to swtich on the 6600 phone.
Remember, do not let go all of the keys and hold keys until you see a NOKIA turns to white screen LCD!
5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your 6670 will back to original system and factory settting.
All apps installed & not of the phones' default will be lost. If you did a backup on your mmc, you can restore it back to the C drive again.
but still you have the prob. Contact Re-tailer go to the Cellphone Shop nearby and try to re-program your mobile or Hardware...
please do the following just turn off yout phone and try to do hard rest for your mobile , press *,#and 3 with switch on button till you have formate screen ,.. this is teh most safe way to remove the tracker but you can also lose any other programmes .
your phone definitely needs the servicing,install the operating system newly.try updating the antivirus as regular as possible because if you update the antivirus software today it might not block the virus which are been generated at the next moment,hence try updating as regular as you can.............
and the main thing is be careful while switching on the BLUETOOTH ,its very important because most of the times virus enter your phone when you switch on the BLUETOOTH or the IR port