Question about HP DeskJet 656c InkJet Printer
I am unable to install hp deskjet656c on my windows vista.
Step one: Determine the appropriate compatible driver
Since there is no driver for the deskjet 656, the hp site says the alternative driver would be for the deskjet 660c. There is no need to download it as it comes with Vista, but we will need to install and configure it.
Here are some directions:
Step two: Install the driver
1. Verify that the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable is not connected to the printer.
2. Click the Windows icon ( start ), click Control Panel , click Hardware & Sounds , and then click Printers .
3. Click Add a printer .
4. Click Add a local printer .
5. Select the Use an existing port check box.
6.In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
7. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
8. Under Printers , select the appropriate alternate driver for the printer (in your case, the 660c) , and then click Next .
9. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name, and then click Next . The printer driver starts to install.
NOTE: The name of the alternate driver displays as the default name. Change this name to the name of your printer, if desired.
10. After the computer displays a message that the printer was successfully added, connect the USB cable to the printer and to the computer.
11. On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel .
NOTE: If multiple pop-up windows display, click Cancel on each window.
Step three: Configure the driver
1. In the printer folder, right-click the name of the printer, and then click Properties .
2. Click the Ports tab.
3. Change the port from LPT1 to USB
4. Click Apply .
Step four: Print a test page
1. Click the General tab.
2. Click Print Test Page .
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2009 | HP PSC 1401 All-In-One Printer
Sep 04, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 13, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6310 All-in-One Printer...
May 03, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1000 Printer
Feb 25, 2009 | HP Laserjet 2605 Printer
Dec 26, 2008 | HP DeskJet F4280 All In One Printer InkJet
Jul 02, 2008 | HP Printers & Copiers
Feb 24, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Nov 06, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Jan 20, 2010 | HP DeskJet 656c InkJet Printer
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: