Re: No Sound or lights on the docking bay of the...
Hi Scott, have you tried disconnecting the power to the base with no headset, then power back on the base and reset the headset all lights on the base should light up to pair the unit, if the on light doesn't work after doing this process i would replace the battery in the headset, GN Netcom are shipping out new battery FREE for the GN 9120 a recall default. go to there web site for more details. Good luck
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Charge the headset:Headset is charged via USB cable, the light will be red when charging. When the battery is fully charged (about 2-3 hours), the red light of the headset will turn off automatically or the red light turns blue.
2. Turn on the headset:Press the on / talk button on the headset for about 5 seconds until the blue and red flashes alternately (or blue flashes or the blue lights all the time ), now the headset is ready to be connected to the iPhone.
3. Go to Settings, and tap Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth.
iPhone will automatically start searching for Bluetooth devices. Tap the device in the Devices list, then follow the onscreen instructions to connect to it. After matching successfully, the blue light on the headset will flash twice per time.
4. Call: when you finish all the above steps, you are going to talk via the Bluetooth headset. When there is incoming call, press the on / talk button, you can talk with Bluetooth headset, when you want to end the call, press the on / talk button, you can end the call.
5. Turn off the headset: Press the on / talk button for 5 seconds until the red light of the headset flashes quickly for twice, then release the button, the headset will be turned off.
http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8165&p_created=1128461658 I was searching for this today and happened to find the above on the plantronics website. It definitely frustrated me till I found out about how to put the base in pairing mode.
To pair another headset to the same base, you must first enable the multi-shift
pairing feature. Long press (5 sec.) the speaking volume minor adjust up button on
back of base until the power indicator light flashes.
2. Place a charged headset in charging cradle and red indicator light on base will flash
for 2 seconds if the multi-shift pairing feature is enabled. Within 10 seconds of
doing so, press either the "+" or "-" listening volume button for 3 seconds until the
headset talk indicator lights to indicate pairing mode, and goes out after successful
pairing. Repeat steps
this has not synch up keep headset in cradle and remove power at mains plug or power lead from base count to 5 and replace power if no flashing is seen then you might have to repeat the same procedure a few times for synch to happen
the only other reason for no synch is battery in headset is not charged enough
Try a system reset:
1. Lift the headset off of the charging cradle, but make sure the headset is turned off. It will be off if the green light on the front of the base is not lit. If it's not, push the call answer button once to turn it off.
2. Push the call answer button and the mute button at the same time and hold them down. The mute button is the black little wheel at the top of the headset. Use the tip of your finger to push it straight down and hold it while holding the call answer button. A green light on the headset will flash for 2 series of flashes. Wait until the end of the second series then let go of both buttons.
3. Put the headset back on the charging cradle and wait 30 seconds. Lift it back up and try to use it. If this doesn't work, repeat one more time and then disconnect the power from the base and plug it back in.
Try a system reset:
1. Lift the headset off of the charging cradle (the base). Make sure the headset is turned off. The green light on the base won't be on if the headset is turned off.
2. Hold down the call answer button on the headset at the same time as mute button. The mute button is found on the little black wheel on the top of the headset. Use the tip of your finger to push it straight in.
3. Hold both buttons until you see a green light on the headset flash. It will be right below your thumb. Hold both buttons until the green light flashes for a series of 2 flashes. Then let go of both buttons.
4. Put the headset back on the charging cradle and wait 30 seconds. Lift it back off and try again.
5. If this doesn't work repeat the process once more or try a resubscription.
1. Put the headset back onto the charging cradle. Make sure the red light on the base is on and the yellow light is flashing.
2. On the back of the base there are two buttons for the microphone adjustment that can be pressed down. Press both of those down until the red light and yellow light on the front of the base start flashing.
3. While the headset is still on the charging cradle press and hold the mute button until the red light on the base goes solid, and the yellow light stays flashing.
4. Unplug the power to the base and then plug it back in.
5. Wait 20 seconds and try.
Make sure that the power is connected to the headset. You can tell it's connected because there will be a red solid light on the left side of the front of the charging base. Check the power cord for any frays and make sure it's plugged into the wall. If it is, then try the following:
A system reset:
1. Lift the headset off of the base.
2. Make sure the headset is turned off. The green light will not be on on the base.
3. Hold down the minus button at the same time as the call answer button on the headset. Hold them down for at least 10 seconds. An orange light on the headset will flash several times. It should go off when you let go of the buttons. If the orange light stays solid, push the minus button once.
4. Put the headset back in the charging cradle. Leave it for 30 seconds. Lift it back out of the cradle and try using it again.
It sounds like you need to re-register the earpiece to the base. To do this, use the following steps:
1. Return the headset to the Headset Docking Cradle 2. Press and hold both the Speak Volume Adjust Buttons (+/-) on the back of base unit for a minimum of 5 seconds. The Red Power Indicator will then flash 3. Press and hold the Headset Mute Switch (black button on top of earpiece) for a minimum of 5 seconds. The On-line indicator (green light on boom) will then illuminate. 4. Subscription completion is indicated when the Power Indicator is fully illuminated and the On-line Indicator is extinguished. 5. If subscription fails within 2 minutes the headset will return to the un-subscribed state.