1. Press the On button to turn the printer off.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
3. Remove all the ink cartridges.
4. Wait two minutes.
5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
6. Press the On button to turn the printer on.
7. Install the ink cartridges when prompted.
If the error code does not display, the issue is resolved.
ACTION Allow Unit to Warm Up AND Reset IDS Hardware Failure by downloading update patch
from the link given below. http://h10025.www1.hp.com
Clicking the links may give an error indicating it is invalid. If this
occurs, copy the portion of the address on the remaining line(s) and
paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the
complete address is displayed in the Address box.
After opening the above webpage, click on "download only" and save the file to your desktop
NOTE: try only ONCE to recover the unit
Perform the below steps from the front panel of the All-in-one.
Get the unit into the Support Menu by following the steps below
according with the product,Perform the steps from the front panel of the
A. - Press and hold the left arrow key.
B. - Press the Setup key and release both keys.
Display should say Enter Special Key Combo
C. - Press and release the OK button
Display should say Support and display the FW rev (something like R0616R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says System Configuration Menu.
3. Press and release the OK button.
4. Display should say Hardware failure status. If not there already, Arrow Key over to Hardware failure status,
5. Press and release the OK button.
6. Display should say Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear.
7. Press and release the OK Button. Message changes to Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue.
Press and release the CANCEL button as many times as necessary,
so that, either the Welcome to Photosmart Express screen appears,
or, the Ink System Failure screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO
PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power
cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
Turn the unit on. The printer may display message USE POWER BUTTON
TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER followed by PRESS OK TO CONTINUE. Press
OK. The Printer will start the ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION
PROCESS. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once
the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF
TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or
13. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the unit need to be serviced.