a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You probably got water under the cooktop while cleaning around the knobs. It causes a short at the 120 volt igniter switches on the shaft of each valve. Unplug the stove for 1 or 2 days and let it dry.
It sounds like somebody clean up the stove and the electric sending unid is wet, try this: the knob that correspond to the ingniter that it's clicking nonestop, take the knob out and you will see the sending unit, pull it out unplug it and dry it out and then try it again, it should work properly after it's dry.
Tupper Lake NY
is this a sealed burner unit? if so the burner base (the heavy brass part under the burner cap) has to be sitting just right. you will notice that it has holes around the the sides make sure that where your ignitor sparks to it that it aligns with the lowest hole on the burner base. if you have a great flame all around the burner after checking what i mentioned i would replace the spark module. if it continues to drive you crazy with the noise - just unplug it. the burners will continue working fine without power.
If you have recently cleaned it, you may have gotten moisture behind the knobs and into the spark switches. Be very careful not to let moisture get behind knobs. Very dangerous. If this is the case, they may dry out themselves and stop sparking. If not you may need to replace a spark switch behind knob.
I've had the same problem for 2 years. Today I removed the four burner tops, the 15/16 inch bolt that holds the burners in place, took everything apart (simple connections underneath), completely cleaned and dried eveything. I also cleaned the 4 knobs and making sure the 4 swiches slide up and down freely then dried everything with a hairdryer. Is now works fine but if the problem comes back, I'll simply unplug the cooktop and light it manually. P.S. I stripped one of the large 5/16 inch bolt that had become weak and brittle. - Try using water or some liquid to loosen the bolts as necessary. Good luck, CHEERS!
sounds like you have a bad (elemnet)infinite switch. turn off the power before something really shorts out, replaceing the switch requires uninstalleing hte cooktop from the cabinet , removing the glass top and replacing the switch. first seeing which one is damaged
Had the same problem. All five burners were continuously igniting, after my wife had given the stove a clean. Turned off the power, removed the five knobs and corresponding rubber rings, and used a hair dryer on the five holes where the knobs were for about ten minutes in total. Hey presto, when I turned the power back on, the constant igniting had stopped. Thank you all. I love the internet :-)