Ink system failures is a very serious problem on HP printer systems. Ifyou have this problem you should be ready to replace your printer.However there are still troubleshooting steps that you can do to try toresolve this problem. try this Ink System Failure Trouble shooting guide.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try clearing this error by resetting your printer. Follow these steps, Its worth a try.
1. Press and hold the “*” key.
2. Press the “#” key and release both keys.
3. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
4. Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
5. Screen should say “support” R0631M”
6. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
7. Press and release the “OK” button.
8. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
9. Press and release the “OK” button.
10. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
11. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
12. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
13. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
14. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
15. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer
will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
16. Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report.
Let me know if this help you. Thank you for using Fixya.
Turn off the machine using the power button, unplug the power cord from the back of the machine, remove the ink cartridges, wait 2 min, plug the power cord back in, press the on button, wait until the printer prompts that the ink cartridges are missing, then replace the ink cartridges. If this doesn't clear the error then you may need to re-prime ink through the system to clear the error. There are good instructions for doing this at http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/hp-photosmart-ink-system-failure-1/.
Ink system failures is a very serious problem on HP printer systems. If you have this problem you should be ready to replace your printer. However there are still troubleshooting steps that you can do to try to resolve this problem. try this Ink System Failure Trouble shooting guide.
HP Photosmart C7180 will not accept new '02' yellow ink cartridge and repeatedly states 'printer does not have enough ink to ensure printer health. The empty ink cartridge must be replaced to resume.' This is the 2nd HP '02'yellow I've bought and it continues to say the same.