Question about Timex 5B841 Wristwatch
It's the Timex Midsize Digital Performance Sports 1440 Sports Magnetism Watch, Blue Case/Black Strap 5B841. Arg! How do I adjust for daylight savings time? "adjust" seems to switch between 12-hr and 24 hr time only :(
These are settings for the Timex SPORTS 1440 Magnetism (5b841 -W163US)
These are for the 4 button SPORTS 1440 (not 6 button) - they will also work for the 1440 SPORTS "Informer" model wrist watch - you will NOT find these instructions on the Timex website - only the 6 button which will not work on these watches is on that site!
TIME AND DATE
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
To reset the time on a Timex 1440 Sport watch, follow the steps below.
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
These directions are for a four button 1440 Series Timex watch. I emailed customer service with the three digit number on the back of the watch and they sent me directions how to change the time and it actually worked. Here are the steps.
1. With time and date showing, press (constantly) SET (approximately until you count to 20-25)
2. Seconds flash, Press "Start\Stop" to round time to the nearest minute, setting seconds to zero.
3. Press MODE. Hour flashes. Press START\STOP to change hour, including AM (no symbol) and PM.
4. Press MODE. Minutes flash. Press START\STOP to change minutes, hold button to scan values.
5. Press MODE. Month flashes. Press START\STOP to change month.
6. Press MODE. Date flashes. Press START\STOP to change date.
7. Press MODE. Day flashes. Press START\STOP to change day.
8. Press MODE. Time format flashes. Press START\STOP to select 12-24 hour time format. 12 hour format has AM\PM.
9. Press SET, at any step to exit and save settings.
Date (day of the month) appears in upper part of display in Time mode. Press and hold START\STOP to see month and date in large digits.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
Just hold down the mode button for 4 or 5 seconds longer if need be and the time will flash. Use adjust button to change the time, date, day etc
Posted on Oct 18, 2007
Set to daylight saving time?
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Here is the user manual for your watch; http://assets.timex.com/instructions/w140Instr.pdf There are quite a few different options, if you get no luck from any of them, please ask again Hope this helps :)
Posted on Mar 25, 2007
I hope you find it easy. you just have to hold mode down until it blinks. press it again to go to the time. (the first time is the alarm) push start/stop to toggle, push start/stop again and again to go to the date, day, and then return to time. but if you do the alarm, you have to hold mode down again. i hope you can figure it out now.
Posted on Jul 16, 2013
For changing the time on the Timex 1440 sports watch with only 4 buttons (set, mode, start/stop, and indiglo)...hold set and mode button at the same time until seconds start to flash...use the start/stop button to move hours up and down...push mode to change threw the hours, seconds, month, date, and day....press set button once
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
I really had my hopes up when I saw the picture - which is my watch - and the supposed link that led to the instruction manual. However, the manual that is linked isn't for my watch. Same picture - looks like the same watch...butthe manual shows a watch with six buttons, not four. I thought I could ignore the two middle ones. But this didn't work at all. Everytime I hold down adjust, my watch just says 16:00. It won't start flashing. Very frustrating.
Posted on May 11, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2011 | Timex Mid Size Sports 1440 Coach Black...
Apr 18, 2011 | Timex Fullsize Digital Performance Sports...
Apr 15, 2011 | Timex Fullsize Digital Performance Sports...
Feb 24, 2011 | Timex 1440 Nylon watch
There are two ways to find the user manual for your Timex watch.
1. Find your watch on the list below and click on the language link for your manual.
2. Find the 3-digit module number located on the caseback of most Timex products and click on the corresponding language link for that number in the Module Table at the bottom of the page.
Feb 12, 2011 | Timex Midsize Digital Performance Sports...
Jan 30, 2011 | Timex Midsize 144 Sports Digital Sport...
Jul 15, 2010 | Timex 1440 Sports Aggressor 56014 Wrist...
Apr 25, 2010 | Timex 1440 Nylon watch
Jul 12, 2009 | Timex Midsize Digital Performance Sports...
Jul 09, 2009 | Timex Watches
21,753 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: