How to load the new ink cartridge. HP Photosmart C5140.
Replace the ink cartridges (from the manual for the printer)
Follow these instructions when you need to replace ink cartridges.
To replace the ink cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is turned on.
2. Open the ink cartridge door by lifting from the front center of the device, until the door locks into place.
3. Squeeze the tab below an ink cartridge to release the latch inside the HP All-in-One, and then lift the latch. If you are replacing the black ink cartridge, lift the latch on the far left.
If you are replacing one of the five color ink cartridges, such as yellow, light cyan (blue), cyan, light magenta (pink), or magenta, lift the appropriate latch in the center area.
4. Pull the ink cartridge toward you out of its slot to remove it.
5. Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging, and then, holding it by the handle, slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot. Make sure that you insert the ink cartridge into the slot that has the same shaped icon and color as the one you are installing.
6. Press down on the gray latch until it clicks into place.
7. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each ink cartridge you are replacing.
8. Close the ink cartridge door.
Jul 04, 2008 |
HP Printers & Copiers