- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn on the dvd player. 2. Press eject 3. Type in 0000 on remote 4. A menu called region edit should appear. 5. Press 0 again for all regions. 6. Press enter 7. It goes to another region code menu 8. Press 0 again and then enter 6. Switch off dvd player and switch back on.
Sounds like your Blu Ray is region coded. You will need to region-free the player so it will play them all. Normally happens with PALS formatting. You need to update the firmware on the device via using an internet connection. Sounds like it's out of date.
Also you may wish to follow the following site post. Excellent tricks to make this device region free.
you can change the "zone" in your DVD player to that of the UK / USA but then it may not play your local DVDs .. you can only change the zone 5 times so you dont want to be changing it back and forth .... you could have two units set up with one for UK and one for local zones .. or its sometimes possible to modify the software in the player to be "code free" .. there are lots of machines that are for sale that are already modified or you might find a mod for your present machine .. that way it will play anything .. to find whats available you can google "dvd code free"
1. Power on 2. Open DVD tray 3. Press HOME 4. Select/choose SETUP 5. Use arrows to move to LOCK icon 6. Press 0000000 (press the number 0 (zero) seven (7) times) - You get the REGION FREE message 8. Confirm OK
Insert a non compatible dvd disc, when the dvd player spits it out again press 0 seven times and the dvd player will congratulate you on making it regionfree.
The following is just a few of the Panasonic SC-HT150 Features:
All region (Regions 1-6) playback
Lifetime warranty on our modifications: We totally stand behind the DVD players we sell. We guarantee that your code free player will play any region DVD from any country in the World. If your DVD player ever becomes defective we will fix it for free! Guaranteed to play all old, current and future DVD movies including DVDs that are RCE coded PAL/NTSC Playback of DVD/VCD
To play PAL movies you need a PAL TV or a Video converter
World Wide Power Supply: 110-240 volts 50-60 hertz
Playable Disc Type
Most DVD players are restricted to a certrain zone. e.g. europe is zone 2. If your DVD is from a different zone, say USA or asia, it will not play. This is so the makers of DVDs can release different films to different markets in order to maximize profit.
I picked up a LG DV276 DVD Player here in Australia but I am from the
United States so I own region 1 DVDs. I unlocked my new player by
instead 1. Open the tray. 2. Press 0 0 0 0 on the remote and a Menu
will appear. 3. Press 0 for region free. 4. Press pause and power off.
I can play everything now, Aussie and US DVDs. Thanks LJ66.