- Visit a web page with a Flash video embedded on the page.
- Click on the Flash video to activate the Flash plugin (only on SP2 or above), then right click on video to display the Flash properties menu.
- Click on “Settings” on contextual menu, then click the “Advanced…” button.
- A new web page window will launch loading Adobe – Flash Player – Manager. On the left pane, click on “Global Storage Settings Panel” link under “Flash Player Help Settings Manager” sub-section under “Table of Contents” section.
- A Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager applet will load on the right pane as a Flash object. Check (tick) the “Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer” checkbox so that it’s checked. The settings should be auto-save, if the setting is not saved, try to close all Internet Explorer or Firefox web browser windows and launch the Flash Manager to set the option again.
- Try to play Flash video. The sound should be played properly.
If the above guide does not solve the problem that video clips from Youtube, VideoSift, Break, Google Videos, Dailymotion, Yahoo, and other video sharing websites play no sound on external sites while audio output fine when viewing the video on video hosting sites itself. Another possible cause is that the Flash contents which is cached get corrupted or damaged, preventing audio streaming from working correctly (Most video sharing sites use Flash video technology
to deliver video and audio streaming). To solve this possible corruption, try to use the following hack.
- Download and install CCleaner, a freeware system optimization and privacy tool that able to remove unused files from system, and clean traces of online activities.
- Run CCcleaner, uncheck and unselect everything that is selected in both Windows and Applications tabs for Cleaner function, except the option of Macromedia Flash Player, located under Multimedia branch in Applications tab. Ensure that all other options are unselected, or else there may be unforeseen sequences including unable to boot your computer.
- Click on “Analyze” button, and when finished, click on “Run Cleaner” button when done. This will clean and clear out the old downloaded Flash caches.
- Try to load the embedded videos again, the sound should output fine now.