- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To reset the password you need to first restore this unit to factory defaults. Then you can use the default code "0000" or have the old code and change it to a different code entering the old code first.
To restore to factory defaults follow these steps -
Use the ^ v arrows to select "erase all channels" or "factory default."
Now press the OK button.
There will be a warning display then just press "OK" again.
The receiver is now restored to factory defaults.
Now the code should be set to factory "0000."
Please not that this is the only way to do this unless you have the original code.
turn off cc1 cc2 ccoff turn off close caption 95% off the time this is it ,some one might have hit it by mistake ,or you had a power out and it went stright to this good and do try before you buy another one
LOAD FACTORY DEFAULT (from owners manual)
Reset the STB back to factory settings
1. Enter 'Tools' menu. Highlight 'Load Factory Default'
2. Press the 'OK' button. You will be asked to input the password
3. Input the password using the numeric buttons (default is '0000')
4. A confirmation window is displayed. Highlight 'Yes' to confirm. STB will return back to factory settings and clear all channels
5. Press the 'MENU' button to exit
There is an info button, if you still have one on the tv, that switches this off and on. Here is a link to all of the emerson tv manuals, see if yours is there and you may be able to do this without the remote:
I just did a factory reset this morning and I had the same problem until I realised that you have to use the "Output" button to get the Video Outputs to DVI Digital (see page 17 of the manual), if that's what your connection is, then I could select "menu" and do a channel search. Hope this helps.