IT IS SHOWING ON MY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER AND IT SHOWED UP IN THE RIGHT HAND CORNER 953MB. I DRAGGED SONGS OVER TO THE SYNC LIST AND HIT START SYNC. I DID 121 SONGS WHICH WAS ALL I HAD BUT THEN A RED X CAME UP IN FRONT OF EACH SONG. I TRIED FORMATTING THE GPX BUT IT SHOWS 453 MB REMAINING, SO IT IS NOT TOTALLY FORMATTING IT. I WANT TO REMOVE THE GPX DEVICE FROM WINDOWS MEDIA BUT DONT KNOW HOW OR WHERE TO DO IT AT. I WENT TO CONTROL PANEL BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING THERE. HOW CAN I REMOVE IT FROM WINDOWS MEDIA AND ALSO HOW CAN I COMPLETELY FORMAT THE GPX. I ALSO HAD IT ON THE MTP TO TRY THE SYNC BUT THAT DIDNT WORK. I NEED HELP IN FORMATTING EVERYTHING OFF OF IT AND ALSO REMOVING FROM THE COMPUTER. THEN I NEED TO START OVER FROM SCRATCH WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT AND HOW TO DO IT. THE INSTRUCTIONS WITH THIS PLAYER SUCKS! THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: i have a mp3 gpx MW3837
This player requires a special process if you are using Windows Media Player 11 - details available from GPX's website
To format the player:
1. Plug the player up to the computer using the USB cable. 2. Double click the My Computer icon on your desktop. 3. When that opens find your player under Removable Devices or Audio Devices. Some computers will show your player twice but will have the SD MMC card showing behind the player name. That is only for formatting the SD card. 4. Right click once on the player to open the Options menu and then click on Format 5. Click OK to any warnings that come up. There may be one or two depending on your operating system. 6. Any memory will now be erased from your player and you can disconnect from the computer. 7. Reboot your computer and plug your player back in. 8. When you see USB appear on your players screen, press and hold the M button until MTP appears on your screen. 9. Reload your music.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
IF YOU R USING WINDOWS XP WITH WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10, YOU WILL NEED TO: START WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER AND THEN CONNECT YOUR UNIT TO THE PUTER. IF YOUR PUTER HAS IT, USE THE DEVICE SETUP WIZARD AND IT WILL START. 2.IN THE DEVICE SETUP WIZARD, SELECT MANUAL. 3. CLICK FINISH. THE WIZARD CLOSES AND THE SYNC FEATURE IN THE PLAYER IS DISPLAYED. 4. SELECT THE LIBRARY OPTION. ON THE LEFT PANE SELECT SYNC LIST. 5. FROM THE LEFT PANE YOU CAN SELECT ALL MUSIC OR MY PLAYLISTS AND YOU WILL SEE THE SONGS. 6. SELECT THE SONGS FROM THE CENTER PANE, AND DRAG THEM TO THE SYNC LIST. 7. CLICK THE START SYNC BUTTON ON THE SYNC LIST PANE. 8. REPEAT STEPS 4-7 FOR ANY OTHER ITEMS THAT YOU TO COPY TO YOUR UNIT. FOR MORE INFO GOOGLE "HOW TO PUT MUSIC ON MY GPX MW3837 PLAYER. HOPES THIS HELPS!! PS-MAKE SURE THE HOLD BUTTON ON THE SIDE OF PLAYER IS NOT LOCKED.
what operating system is your computer.XP is the operating system recommended but you need windows media player 10.If you have them both you can move/sync files thru Windows Media Player(WMP) but they have to have a drm licence.
If you've got Windows® 98SE, ME, or 2000 Professional.
5 just connect it, find My computer and you should see the player listed,double click and the files should be visible.
I would check your friend's operating system to see what he/she used and if any problems occurred.
MTP” mode will only work, when your player is connected to Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows® Media Player 10.
The MP3 Player will only work in “USB” mode when it is connected to Windows® 98SE, ME, or 2000 Professional.
If you normally create a profile for your GPX on your desktop computer. Delete that profile, and then add back your GPX to your computer via the cable and it should work. I presume you are using windows XP?
The songs are not in the right format for your player. I would use DRM-free Mp3 files only, which can be obtained from Limewire, Spiral Frog, or some other music service. Since the transfer did not fully complete, you may have to do additional troubleshooting on your device. Reset your mp3 player first to see if that resolves any lingering issues.
If you are using Windows Vista with Windows Media Player 11, you will need to follow these instructions. Note: You will be able to download purchased/subscribed songs to the unit.
1. Start Windows Media Player 11 and then connect your unit to your computer. If you have not set up synchronization between your computer and this device, the Device Setup Wizard starts. 2. In Device Setup - Configure Sync, write a name for your mp3 player. 3. Click Finish. The window closes and the Sync feature in the Player is displayed. 4. From the left pane of this Sync feature, you can select from Playlists or Library and you will see the content of these folders in the center pane. 5. Select the songs or entire albums from the center pane. 6. Drag these songs or albums into the Sync List, which is the right pane of the Sync feature. 7. Click the Start Sync button on the Sync List pane. 8. Repeat steps 4-7 for any other items that you want to copy to your unit.
yes the music can be deleted it's kind of like the syncing process except your deleting ther should be something there to tell that you do want to sync you click on that then go the the songs you want to delete right-click the song and delete
the easiest way to load and unload songs off of it is to go to my computer and look for it in the drives. It should have it own drive letter. When you open it you will see one folder on the drive. Open the folder and there is your music. Now just cut out what you dont want. Or if you want to add other ones just drag and drop them in there.