Question about Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Using the serial number on the laptop you should be able to find the original configurarion from the Acer support pages. Download the programs and drivers to another computer and burn them to cd. This will not include the operating system so you should have that before wiping the hard drive. Download DBAN, the cd iso version, and burn that to cd. Download AVG, Spybot search and destroy, Ad-aware and Spywareblaster from Download.com and burn the installation files to cd.
1. Wipe the drive using the DBAN cd.
2. Install your operating system
3. Install the drivers from the cd
4. Update the operating system
5. Install the anti-malware programs from the cd
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
The laptop has an eRcovery partition the will restore it to original condition.
At the Acer splash screen, you can press Alt and F10 (at the same time you would press F2 to enter the BIOS) to bring up a DOS style version of eRecovery.
· The unit is able to reload Windows from this mode faster then from CD.
· The password by default is 000000 (6 zeros) and it is displayed when you are asked for the password.
· Users are able to change the password in this mode for eRecovery only.
· The system can recover from the hidden image on the hard drive (PQService partition) or from CD/DVD media.
· It is possible to reload from the factory style CDs/DVD or the snapshots that the Windows version of eRecovery creates.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2014 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Dec 17, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Mar 16, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Feb 20, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 2303LCi Notebook
Nov 20, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Jul 13, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: