Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Once the wireless Vista Laptop hase the HP Photosmart C6180 printer go "offline" it will not work again or go back to an "online" status unless you remove the printer and then add it back.
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
The solution for an offline error of a printer is to check the proper connection of the printer.
Two options exist to turn off the offline mode.
If you choose the first option to change the offline state of the printer,
then go to Control Panel and then 'Printer and Faxes' option on the Control Panel.
Double-click on the printer you want to change to online mode from the displayed window.
A pop-up window will open and you need to select 'Uncheck Printer Offline' option from the menu bar.
Hope this helps you.
Posted on Jun 17, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 12, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 18, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 27, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 12, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 01, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
2,376 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: