Question about Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
My printer will pull the paper through and eject it, but it doesn't print any words on the paper. I tried using multiple programs, but it still doesn't work.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Whenever the printer doesn't pulls the paper please pull the pack of papers, browse through the papers with your finger and put them back gently.If it doesn't work it means the wheels that pull the paper are worn and you need to replace them.
For the second problem, this is not a printer problem but a software problem, please specify which software do you use so we can help you, as each software has individual options to print multiple pages. It will also be more logical to post the problem in the specific software area.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Just by Cleaning and changing the Pickup roller
Click here and Follow the steps.
Please rate my response!!!
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
SOURCE: HP Designjet 130 ejects paper
It sounds like you have a bad leading edge sensor. This causes the printer to not be able to track where the paper is. Replacement of this sensor requires a certain amount of technical confidence as you will need to disassemble a certain amount of the printer.
Posted on Apr 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2015 | Epson WorkForce Office Equipment &...
Mar 03, 2012 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
First off, the simplest
solution is to try to clean the rollers of dust. If you can access the rollers,
especially while they are spinning, this would be best. Get a damp cloth either
with water or rubbing alcohol and wipe the rubber down, and retest your machine.
Most of the time this is cause by the paper pickup rollers, which are made out
of plastic or rubber, getting too dirty/slick to properly pick up the paper. Remove
all the paper and the paper tray if you can. Using a long qtip, clean the
rollers with alcohol. If that doesn't work, or can't be done with your printer,
take all the paper out but one sheet. Spritz some alcohol on the bottom of that
sheet and smear it out so it covers the entire width of the paper up about 2 inches.
Then try to print a document that is a blank page. After either of these
methods wait at least 4-5 minutes for all the alcohol to dry before trying to
Please get back to us if
you have further query or else please accept the solution.
Thanks for contacting
Sep 15, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 31, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP6000D InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 15, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Jan 08, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4600 Printer
Oct 20, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
506 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: