- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As I'm sure you are now aware , electronics and water do not mix. That said, Remove ALL power IMMEDIATELY if you get water in /on a laptop. If the power is removed , battery, AC, you can try and dry out the spill, otherwise the damage is done. How much damage I can't say, only a qualified computer tech can ascertain that.
Todays notebooks & laptops come equipped with spill resistant keyboards. Thats a big help in itself. But some are not . If your notebook has suffered a liquid spill while its on , IMMEDIATELY shut it down. GET AWAY from carpeting or metal furniture or objects: stand on wood or cement floor only. Turn the unit and place on its side to drain it from the liquid (NOT UPSIDE DOWN) and to avoid further damage to mainboard and keyboard. DO NOT TURN IT ON AGAIN . Remove the battery, hard disk drive, CDROM, memory modules, remove back cover, until exposed to mainboard. Take conventional hair dryer, blow dry using HIGH heat, slowly move over peripherals and mainboard five inches away with Extra drying process on keyboard and mainboard. Using a few cotton balls, pat down any excess liquid by absorbing into cotton -- blow dry this area intensley for long time (20-35 minutes, depending on amount of liquid spill). Wait a few days , replace all parts and turn on notebook.
Okay shut it down, do not try to boot it up!! You want to first open the lid as far as it goes and turn it upside down to try and get as much of the liquid out. Then you want to remove the keyboard and all covers from underneath the laptop use compressed air to dry the laptop as much as you can, then with some alcohol and small brush clean soda residue let sit and dry for at least a couple of days. Then re install battery, keyboard and all covers. Then try to boot it up. Hopefully you did not short out the motherboard, or mouse pad and keyboard. Good luck.
Not good to do... ANY liquid splilt onto a computer can cause severe damage to it. If this happens, unplug the computer, remove the battery inspect the components extensively, making sure to dry everything off and let it air out before you try to power it up again. liquid can collect in places you can not see , so you MUST be vigilant about drying it out.
When the power supply turns off when plugged into the laptop it is indicating that there is a short. Remove your battery and try connecting the power adapter again. If the problem persists your motherboard will most likely need to be replaced.
There are companies out there that will repair motherboards however if the laptop was on when the spill occurred there is little to know chance that the motherboard is repairable.
remove the battery open up the notebook then spray rubbing alcohol all over the computer keyboard and, especially where you spilled liquid; really soak it; wait 24 hours for it to dry; and, try to turn it on with the power supply connected
Regardless if you don'r feel comfortable taking the comouter apart it needs to be taken apart and looked at. Depending on what got spilled inside the sooner the better. If it was a soda of some kind it could be bad.I would take out the battery and not try it again.