Question about Sony KV-20V60 20" TV
SOURCE: Sony KV-40XBR700
If the display seems normal when present, you may have what is called a 'cold solder joint,' possibly in the area of the horizontal power supply.
This can be caused by normal heating and cooling of a particular spot on the circuit board that finally fractures the solder and making the joint thermally sensitive.
Most component failures, even when intermittant, would affect the display in some obvious way such as distortion, contrast, brightness, etc.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Sounds like the circuit board for the button keys in front has a shorted tactile switch causing sound to keep increasing, Replace all switches on this board or get new board. I believe it is called a HS board or very close to that.
Posted on Dec 30, 2009
On your remote control (with tv off)
1. press Display, channel 5, Volume Up and then Power
this brings up the service mode (you will see some green text on your screen)
2. Press channel 2 to scroll through options until you see "Micro" in the upper left of your screen
(channel 2 cycles up through the options, channel 5 cycles down)
3. Press channel 1 to scroll through suboptions until you see "DIOF" appear under "Micro"
(channel 1 cycles up through the suboptions, channel 4 cycles down)
4. Press channel six until the default value (12:60) changes to 12:40
(channel 3 increases the value, channel 6 decreases the value)
5. Once the value has been changed to 12:40, press Muting and you should see red text in the upper right hand corner that says "Write"
6. Simply turn the power off and back on for the change to take effect. Your volume problems should now be fixed.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
if it is continous blinking.........then you have a faulty jungle IC IC301,shorted to ground,IK video path is defected,............ hope this helped
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2013 | Sony KV-27V55 27" TV
Jun 03, 2010 | Sony KV-27S65 27" TV
Feb 08, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Dec 30, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS200 32" TV
Jul 23, 2009 | Sony KV-20V80 20" TV
May 17, 2008 | Sony KV-35S45 35" TV
Sep 25, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-34HS420 34" TV
Sep 04, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Mar 07, 2007 | Sony KV-32S26 32" TV
Sep 02, 2006 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-20FS100 20" TV
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: