Question about Audio Players & Recorders
I have a Denon AVR800 receiver that one day it would not turn on, it just would say "Protect" I checked all the speaker connections and they were fine. I left it alone for some time now and now I turned it on and something clicks inside (like it use to) but now the "Standby" light just flashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It's going into protect. Unhook ALL the speakers and see if it still shuts itself off. If so, then it will have to be taken in for service.
Posted on Oct 27, 2007
SOURCE: Denon AVR-1508
sounds like overload protection
turn the volume all the way down, then turn it on
if that doesn't do it you may have a short in one of the speaker lines - try disconnecting them one at a time
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Usually when the unit runs for a while before shutting down there are two possibilities:
1) There is a small amount of DC current present that effectively heats up the speaker coils enough to cause a temporary short circuit that kicks in the protect circuit.
2) The output transistors or bias transistors are sensitive to heat and breaking down again causing the protect circuit to kick in.
A few experiments to try:
1) Does the time to shutdown change depending upon the volume level?
2) Is there any background noise coming from the speakers? Listen to a blank tape for example. Is there a hum or any other noise that you would not normally expect?
3) If you have a DC voltmeter, check for any voltage between the speaker lines.
Update this and we'll try to narrow this down.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
Did you try to reset the unit? Resetting the unit has fixed every problem I have ever had......turn off unit.....hold down A+B at the same time then turn the unit back on...hold buttons for roughly 3 seconds....Let me know if it works.
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2013 | Denon Avr-1610: 5.1 Ch A/V Home Theater...
Feb 01, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 23, 2012 | Denon AVR-1908
Nov 16, 2009 | Denon AVR-485 Receiver
Jan 08, 2009 | Denon AVR-5800 Receiver
Dec 25, 2008 | Denon AVR-1100 Receiver
Apr 03, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 13, 2008 | Denon AVR-1804 Receiver
Oct 27, 2007 | Denon AVR-4800 Receiver
773 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!