Question about Aiwa CDC-X204 CD Player
I have a CD player the Aiwa CDC X207 which has a problem witht he display that your unable to read the display at anytime and the CD player came with the vehicle when I bought it. Any help would greatly welcomed.
I had the same problem. There are two small light bulbs that illuminate the digital display, and they are burned out.
You can easily replace them. The Aiwa part number for them is 8Z-KT1-641-010. The bulb is made by Sony, and the Sony part number is U0087654U.
I purchased them from Union Electronic Distributors:
Note that the product is not an item they keep in stock, so it may take 1-2 weeks or more before you receive them. Be patient.
Here are the steps to replace the bulbs. You will need a small (#1) Phillips screwdriver and a soldering iron (low heat). A very small flat blade screwdriver (1/8") will also be helpful.
1) Remove the faceplate from the radio and bring it to a well-lit work table.
2) Remove the four Phillips screws on the back on the faceplate.
3) Carefully separate the back half of the faceplate cover from the front half. There are three locking tabs along the top, and three locking tabs along the bottom. I used the small flat blade screwdriver to separate the two halves.
4) Once the back half of the faceplate has been removed, re-install two of the Phillips screws to hold the circuit board in place (one screw on each end). You don't need to screw them down tightly; just screw them in until you begin to feel them stop. These screws will keep the circuit board from separating from the front faceplate and causing the buttons to fall out!
5) Locate the two bulbs. They are labeled PL 901 and PL 902 (may also be labeled PL 1 and PL 2). Carefully unsolder the bulbs and remove them from the circuit board. You may want to do one at a time.
6) Each bulb has a colored cover to change the color of the light (I jokingly refer to them as 'bulb condoms'). Remove the covers and carefully slide them in place on the new bulbs. You may want to slightly dampen the bulbs to aid in sliding the covers on. Be sure to slide them all the way down.
7) Solder the new bulbs in place. They are not polarity sensitive.
8) Trim off the excess wires.
9) If you installed the two screws in Step 4, remove them.
10) Carefully re-attach the rear faceplate cover to the front faceplate cover, making sure that all six locking tabs snap in place.
11) Put the four Phillips screws in the rear faceplate and carefully tighten them.
That's it! Now, put the faceplate back on the radio, turn it on, and enjoy your lighted display!
Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 09, 2014 | Aiwa CDC-X207 CD Player
Aug 26, 2010 | Aiwa CDC-X207 CD Player
Apr 13, 2010 | Aiwa CDC-X207 CD Player
Jan 04, 2010 | Aiwa CDC-X207 CD Player
Aug 17, 2009 | Aiwa CDC-X227 CD Player
Apr 22, 2009 | Aiwa CDC-X207 CD Player
Mar 30, 2009 | Aiwa CDC-X207 CD Player
Mar 30, 2008 | Aiwa CDC-X304 CD Player
693 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!